Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Today

Good morning! It is a blustery one, here. Wind gusts, bursts of rain, leaves, twigs and small branches strewn in the road; just a lovely kind of day that really seems out of place in June.
Although a wet day, a lovely day.

Today I don’t much feel like writing; I do feel like reading. The problem is that I don’t really feel like reading what I need to be. I have two chapters of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding which isn’t a bad book, and isn’t hard to read, it just isn’t what I’d like to be reading right now. There are SO many books and so little time.
Today Beauty and the Beast is out on DVD. I’m not sure I’ll actually get a copy today, but soon. Very soon.
Today Paul will be returning from the trade show he’s been at in Florida since Saturday.
Today I get to take a friend and her cat to a vet in Townsend.
Today I milked Zoey. I’m in the process of drying her up because she’s got a lump just anterior to her udder on her right side and I just noticed two days ago an odd little bump on her left teat. Time to dry the poor girl up. I didn’t milk yesterday, milked in the evening the day before, and the morning the day before that. After today, I’ll milk her again Thursday morning. Depending upon how she looks then, I may or may not milk again Sunday. And that will be it for now. I’m hoping a trip to a vet might be in the near future.
Today I worked on some sourdough bread. The starter has been just going crazy in the weather so I’ve been doing lots of sourdough stuff. Chocolate sourdough cake, sourdough English muffins (which I might need to do again today), sourdough bread, sourdough pancakes. There really is an almost limitless number of things that can be done with sourdough. I haven’t made sourdough biscuits for about ever; maybe I should do that soon.
Today Amena missed the bus. Not by much and she wasn't the only one. There were two cars ahead of us and she decided to chance it. Well, she made it because the bus drivers own grandkids (did I say that? of course I meant grandchildren) were late. While they were rushing to the road, a car pulled up behind me and another girl ran to the bus. I guess this was just the day to miss the bus.
Today I am tired. Yesterday I went to bed at a reasonable hour; earlier than I’d planned, actually, because my earbuds decided to poop out on me and they needed to be charged. I slept well all night and I woke up at my usual 5:00. I did go back to sleep until 5:30 and then got up. Actually, I think my eyes are tired. I need new glasses.

Today I am done for now. Have a fantabulous one!

1 comment: