Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm Back! (Sort of.)


I have discovered that the time I spent writing for and posting my blogs did not take away from my day. Generally, it would take about an hour to write a post and get it all ready to actually post (including adding pictures) and email the text to Grandma and then email the link to everyone. I do not finish my day any earlier in the last few weeks than I did when posting almost every day. My conclusion? I need to remember to call the computer guy to see if I’ll be getting my laptop back soon because typing this in on my approaching ancient desk top (which I love, by the way), saving it to a flash drive (which I also love because it’s R2D2), and then borrowing Laura’s laptop to post, is for the birds. I do not know how regular I will be from now until then but I have got to better than I have. I miss it.

Wow. What do you all think of the election? I can tell you that Massachusetts does not have only Democratic voters and I can tell you that all of Massachusetts did not vote for Obama. I can tell you that I am extremely disappointed in how the elections turned out. In MA, I really think that Warren is all hot air. I am pretty sure she is nice hot air because someone I know thinks she is nice. But when you say that you have Native American ancestry just to get perks at school (Harvard, nonetheless) when you don’t, that’s not the kind of person I want representing me. She has been referred to as a “woman of color” (remember my post about that?). She is no more what we retarded “American’s” call a “woman of color” than I am. In spite of the fact that I like Scott Brown partly due to the fact that he was successful in helping us get our airline tickets refunded after the accident when we were unsuccessful, I do believe he would have been the better person for the job. His record speaks for itself, really.

As for the presidential election, I wish that Romney had won and yet I can see how it might not have been a good thing for him to. His running opened a lot of eyes and got a lot of people thinking about just what we Mormon’s really believe (any of you who are not one and would like to know more, feel free to ask—I don’t usually bite [key word—usually, ask my sister Becky]). I think it quite possible that had he been elected, anything he did that the general populous didn’t or that wasn’t popular (same thing?) would have been blamed on the church. So, maybe it’s for the best. There are other reasons it may be for the best but unless you want to ask me about specifics, I’d rather not expound on them at the moment.

As for Obama, I am disappointed he won. I know you do not all share my convictions, and that’s okay. I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe, I respect your right to believe as you choose and hope you allow me the same. Given that, I believe that Obama is screwing our country big time and I do not believe it is going to stop any time soon. I am not in favor of Obamacare. I am not in favor of his economic stimulus. I am not convinced that he is even a citizen. I do not believe that he works with the best interest of us, as a nation, in mind. However, life goes on. He won, even though I think it was not an honest win, and now we are stuck with the results.

The semester is winding down for me and although I am enrolled for the spring, I am ready to wind down my college career. I will not have a degree at the end of the spring semester but I will have completed everything I need to in order to transfer to another college or university for a business degree. I would like to get on with my life at this point in time which does not mean taking more classes. If I could afford to, I wouldn’t mind one or two but not a full load. I would like to be able to get the garden ready and plant early and keep up with it and not worry about where the time is coming from. I would like to be able to do more canning in the fall without it cutting into my schooling. As well, I would like to concentrate on my path to midwifery and getting my soap business up and running. Not to mention my family. I would like to be able to volunteer at school and not have to worry overmuch about what I could be doing for school when I’m waiting for boys at soccer practice. I would love to be able to take an afternoon (or morning) every now and again and go with Paul to the Boston Temple.

I will be back at some point in time. Hopefully sooner rather than later. In the meantime, have a wonderful day (or sleep well)!

No comments:

Post a Comment