Friday, March 27, 2015

Snow. Again.

Good morning! It’s a lovely rainy one here. Yesterday it was foggy much of the day partly owing to the rain we’d gotten Wednesday evening/night and the rain we got throughout the day. Pardon me, it’s just turned to snow. If I could send some of this precipitation west, I would. At this point in time, it isn’t like this area needs it.
Wednesday was Wednesday. I accomplished some of the things I’d hoped to but not all. I did get out for a walk; it was a lovely day for that in spite of the still icy spots on the road in areas that don’t get any sun to speak of. School was school. Amena called and wanted to know if I could pick her up from school. That was at about 1:30 when we were on our way to Friendly’s for lunch. It seems she needed to stay late to get some school work caught up. I hope she was successful because she missed the bus yesterday. We got done eating in time for me to drop Seth and Joseph home and go pick her up. That was pretty exciting.
We went to church in the evening as usual. The boys were in charge of a combined activity that turned out to be the West’s giving them instruction in swing and ballroom dance. I think they had fun. I had a nice evening watching Seth and Joseph (they didn’t have any activities) have races with chairs and visiting with Julia and Richard Troop.
Yesterday was a Thursday. We usually feed the sisters lunch. They were meeting with someone at lunchtime yesterday so couldn’t come over for lunch but Julia did. I did a couple of recipes out of the garlic book with a salad and I think it was quite nice and garlicy. We have leftovers for lunch today which is also quite nice and garlicy.
For dinner we went to Julia’s because she was having the sisters over for that. The conversation Wednesday at church went something like this:
“Tomorrow I have the sister’s coming over for dinner.”
“Really? I have them for lunch. You should come, too.”
“Love to. I was going to invite you over, too.”
It worked out pretty well in spite of the sisters not being able to come for lunch.
Two packages came for Paul during the day and no one checked the mail box until we were on our way to Julia’s for dinner. I don’t know why sometimes all of the mail gets delivered to the porch when we have packages and sometimes it doesn’t. In the mail box were two packages for me. They were both books I’d ordered Saturday which was somewhat awesome. One is Women of the 14th Moon: writings on menopause edited by Dena Taylor and Amber Coverdale Sumrall. The other is Barron’s Essential Atlas of Physiology. The first looks particularly interesting; the second looks like what its title indicates it is. I will be reading part of them today.
I got a notice from the library saying that the book I requested last week is in. The Hubbardston Library is not open today so I finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night so that I can read the books today that I got yesterday and tomorrow I can get my book from the library. I’ll have to read it next week during our SSR time because hopefully I’ll get more books today and tomorrow that I need to read as well. And one to color. Should be fun.
Yesterday Paul came home with this wooden contraption and said I needed to take pictures of it to see if my mother wants it. I asked him what it was and he said it holds your quilting so you can sit and work on it. Hmmmm. I said my mother wouldn’t be interested because she does hers by machine and if she did it by hand she’d most likely have a quilting frame, not a hoop. Still, if anyone knows anyone who would like this thing, let me know. I personally am in favor of putting it in the fireplace because I don’t care how nice it is (and I really don’t know how nice it is because I don’t know much about them), it’s just going to take up space until we find a home for it and we have enough crap taking up space.
The flakes are big, now. Must be warm out. Sort of. I mean 33° is warm compared to 0°.

And that’s all for now. The goats need their breakfast and so do I. Have a terrifical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment