Saturday, July 4, 2015

Confession on July 4th

Good morning and Happy 4th of July! It is a lovely day here so far: cool (61°), overcast, and humid (68%). Just kidding on that last one; by now you should know how I feel about that.
I have a confession to make. When, at 7:00 in the morning, I have gotten up before 6:00 whether I feel like it or not, fed the cat and dogs, milked, fed and watered the goats, consolidated the milk into as few gallon jars as possible so I have more clean jars to fill up, strained milk and put it away (I actually forgot to do this the other day; the dogs were happy), put a load of laundry on to wash, put the last batch of yogurt in containers, washed all the dishes and equipment I use for milking and making yogurt (because I wash them with a bit of bleach in the water), and put a gallon of milk in the pot to start another batch of yogurt, I feel somewhat annoyed when at 10:00 people get up and say we’re wasting daylight. Really?!!!?? Not me sister (or brother)!
This is the same turkey I put a picture of in here a week or two ago. How do I know? Because I took it the same day. Just a half a minute before the other one, actually. I love turkeys. Well, the bronze ones, anyway. They are so pretty and just go about doing what they do. I wonder if her friends complain when she gets back from foraging that she took too long and that her chicks were misbehaving. Probably not. So, aside from the fact that she might get shot and eaten later this year, I think we could learn something from the turkeys we see. Even considering the fact she might get shot and eaten. We should just do what we are supposed to do; be happy with what we have. And just do it because we don't know how much time is allotted us in this life.

The last few days have been pretty good. Wednesday we cleaned the living room and what a job that was. Holy smokes! Yesterday we cleaned the library and I thought that was going to be a job and a half but it really wasn’t that bad. I did have to fold all the laundry on the couch but I got a head start on that one by folding most of it Thursday before I went to bed.
Thursday Seth, Joseph and I went to Coggshall Park in Fitchburg and found one letterbox. We looked for another one (along with Amy, Drayton, and Logan Troop and Cheri, Mac, Quinn, and Tanner Brimhall) but did not find it. There are two more we can look for but we needed to get home and feed the sisters lunch. In the afternoon, Joanna, Amena, Seth, and Joseph went with me to look for some more but number one, we had limited time because Amena needed to put the neighbor’s horse to bed at 5:00, two, I forgot the clues at home, and three, the bugs were bad and we did not find the first one we were looking for.
Today, being Independence Day, I’m not sure what we’ll be doing. Fireworks no longer happen only on the 4th of July but if we can find some close enough, I’m sure we’ll do that. Otherwise, I see stacking wood in our day as well as possibly a trip to Barre Falls Dam for a couple of letterboxes.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment