Friday, August 7, 2015

Quiet

Good morning! It is pretty nice so far. More or less, you know. For some reason, after upgrading to Windows 10 yesterday (which I had to do upstairs), I can’t connect to the internet at the table. Honestly, since Paul got his new router, the connection has been terribly slow but at least it was there. Now it seems to be much more temperamental. Also, I can’t scroll using the side of my touch pad. That’s annoying because I use it often. At least, I used to use it often. I guess I won’t be if it doesn’t work.
Joseph and I have been having fun with the boys’ room this week. Monday we cleaned. Tuesday we finished cleaning. Wednesday we bought paint and most of the supplies we’d need, got things out of the room or piled them up in one pile, and started patching holes in the walls. What an adventure that has been. Just when you think all the holes are patched, you find ten for every one you’ve done. Daniel didn’t make holes in walls. He covered them with silly string but didn’t make holes in them. Holy crud.
Yesterday we finally started painting. We got the ceiling done and Joseph wanted to do more so much that we did the first coat of blue on the two outside walls. For an almost-nine-year-old, Joseph does an excellent job. He did the ceiling above the pile of Cedric’s bed and the mattresses and bunk bed frame we stacked on top of Cedric’s bed and then did quite a bit of the walls. Today we’ll finish the blue walls this morning and then start on the green walls. Hopefully we’ll be able to get the closet done as well.
Tomorrow the quiet will end. Cedric and Seth will be home from camp and Amena will be home from camp.
Yesterday I made the executive decision to just milk the goats in the morning. I think it was a good decision. It means the does can stay out longer eating grass and whatever they can reach and frees up my evenings considerably. I should have made this decision a day earlier and Joseph and I should have gone to Family Night at Camp Wanocksett to be with Cedric and Seth.
It is amazing how much milk we are not going through right now. Joseph and I haven’t even used up an entire gallon. Of course, part of that is due to the fact that whenever I drink milk I cough like crazy. Very annoying, that is.

There has been much else going on but this is all you are going to get for now. Perhaps I’ll add pictures when I get around to telling you how the bedroom turned out. That will not be today and probably not tomorrow or Sunday. Please don’t hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment