Wednesday, November 9, 2016

No Insomnia Here, Man

Good morning. I went to bed last night at 11:00. That is later than normal and later than I should and I was tired and I slept well all night until after 4:00 when I usually wake up at least enough to use the bathroom and check the time. Do you know why I slept well?
I slept well because no matter who won the election, my worrying about it would have no effect on anything but my own health. Am I happy with the way the election went? No. Would I have been had Clinton won? No. Would I have been had someone else won? Perhaps. Even though I did vote 3rd party, I don’t know that Johnson or McMullin winning would have solved any of our problems. We’ve been working on our problems for a good many years and no one individual is going to fix them. Well, I take that back. I happen to believe that there will be a second coming and Jesus Christ will come and when he does, he will fix things. I also happen to believe that things are going to get a lot uglier before that happens and this election might just help that along.
So, last night I slept. Will I continue being able to sleep? Only time will tell. Ultimately, unless my being awake will in some way help keep my family alive, I think I will. A human can only stay awake for so many hours before there are negative consequences after all.
And although the future could very well get really ugly, for now I look out the window and see that the sun is rising. In less than an hour, I will have to go out and milk. Amena and Cedric will get on the bus and go to school in about fifteen minutes (unless they miss it, in which case they’ll be home today). Seth and Joseph will do their school work today and a civics lesson is in store as we will be discussing the election and later today when I should be doing something else, I’m probably going to take a look at the numbers because from what I see now, the race was very, very close. I’m sure that there were those who imbibed too much alcohol and they are or will be ruing this morning. I’m sure there were some who went to bed and had sex and perhaps in nine months I will be honored to be a participant in the birth of a baby.
Although the future could get really ugly, there will always be beauty in the world and I can do everything within my power to make sure my family is as safe as possible. When faced with trials and hardships, should we give up? No. We should get to work. My paternal grandma, Mabel Roper, and I used to trade quotes and quips and one of my favorites was and is, “Work will win when wishing won’t.” It might be time to get to work. Well, it was a long time ago, really, but we can’t go back to the past, can we? Since we are where we are, it is time to get to work.

In other news, yesterday was a beautiful day. I voted, I read a lot about problems that can occur during pregnancy, I had a fantastic salad with lettuce and spinach, garbanzos, avocado, broiled chicken, and homemade Italian dressing. I also went to the track at Mount Wachusett Community College and watched Cedric race and beat Dan at the 800. I do love watching Cedric run. Seth didn’t want to race but he did run after they did. We didn’t time Cedric and Dan but I did time Seth. He did the 800 in one minute and 17.97 seconds. I love watching him run, too. Joanna and Joseph were there, as well, and after the running we drove up to Ashburnham intending to climb Mt. Watatic. We got a late start, though, and only made it to the top of Nutting Hill.

Once I got home, I read more, did laundry, and kept looking at election results. Then Amena got home at 8:00. Then the boys got home around 9:00. After the fun of getting everything settled down, we had family prayer and Amena and the boys went to bed. Paul got home after the boys were in bed but before their light was off. And then I went to bed.

Interestingly, when I looked at the numbers an hour ago, Trump had 47.6% of the popular vote to Clinton’s 47.58%. Now they stand at 47.58 and 47.61. Will the final number be different? I don’t know but I’m certainly not going to lose sleep over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment