Wednesday, December 14, 2016

This one does not get a title. Oops!

Good morning. We’ve had a very interesting past few days. Really, it has been a very interesting past few months about which I’ve written almost nothing. I have been very busy with life in general and school for Seth and Joseph, midwifery stuff for me, Thanksgiving, etc., etc., etc., but even when I’ve been busy in the past, I’ve still managed to write more often so it’s not just being busy.
Just a cool picture I accidentally took at church when I was planting a letterbox.

I don’t believe that speaking of specifics will help the situation so I won’t but I can and will say that I’ve been learning more and more about people and while sometimes this is good, it isn’t always favorable. More and more the desire to move west grows stronger. There are some things about New England that I really like and there are some people here that I really love. But while moving would mean leaving Joanna, Lincoln, and Maddie behind, I would be closer to more of my family and we can always visit and perhaps they would end up moving west as well. The future is certainly not certain, is it?
The view south from the French King Bridge.

Adam and Kim Olson moved from Massachusetts to Washington and they had one of Kitty’s kittens. Her name is Molly and she is the one kitten who looked the most like Kitty. She is a black and white tuxedo with less white on her face and more on her paws. Very pretty cat and very sweet. Amena told Kim that we would be happy to take her because they couldn’t. I agreed that I would be very happy to have her but I also knew that Paul would not want another cat. He didn’t want one and it has taken him four years to get to the point where he tolerates her in the house at all.
One of the ends of the French King Bridge. Specifically, the north west end.

Well, Molly was delivered last Monday and she spent the first two and a half days in the bathroom. After the first day of keeping the door shut, we left the door open but she remained in the bathroom. She had food, water, and her potty box so it was okay. The third day she began venturing out and didn’t hiss at anyone who went in the bathroom. I kept feeding her and talking to her and late on the third day she let me touch her. After that, it was a piece of cake. More or less. She would sit on my lap or on my shoulder and she was playing and just having a good kitty time. Except when it came to Kitty or Misty. Still, that’s to be expected because she was an only cat.
Joseph being Joseph in the Nativity at church Saturday.

Saturday, Kitty was on the brown couch and Molly was on a stool in the dining area when Paul came in and did not notice Kitty. He looked at Molly and said, “Hey, cat. What are you doing in here? You should be out catching things and eating them.” I suppose to someone who doesn’t like cats, the fact that they are both tuxedos might cause them to look very alike. I know Joseph called Molly Kitty a few times. Still, I thought it was pretty funny.
Later that day, as in after Amena and the boys were in bed, Paul finally noticed that Molly was not Kitty. I said, “This is Molly!” and went on to explain how it came to be that she was here. If it hadn’t been so late, he would have begun making phone calls right then and there to find her another home.
This is what a perfect night looks like. I was watching Billy Idol do "Postcards From the Past" while drinking hot chocolate with a candle burning.

Sunday Paul said that Devon would take her but kept calling people in case Devon backed out. I thought that Devon would be a perfect solution because he loves cats and his had gotten old and gone the way of all the earth so she would be an only cat in a quiet house. Paul said there was another family willing to take her but as soon as I found out they already have two cats, I said, no, that won’t work. They have an autistic son as well and I think that combined with two cats wouldn’t be so great. If there weren’t the other two cats, it would probably be fine. I’m not sure who else was on the list but anyone already with a cat would not have received my stamp of approval.
Devon came yesterday after work and took her home with him. He hadn’t been home long when he sent me a text saying, “The new owner just took over.” Twelve minutes later, “She’s a cuddle cat.” I think she’ll be fine. A part of me wishes that we could have kept her but that obviously was not meant to be.
Now I’m late for milking so I’d better get a move on in that direction.
Now Zoey is milked, the goats are fed and watered, most of the dishes are washed, and I’ve discovered that if you don’t want to fold clothes, you can put them in the washing machine and wash them again. Actually, I wouldn’t really do that just to avoid folding. I would, however, do it because they smell bad. Which is the case.
And, while today is one of those days I keep thinking of more I could expound on, I really must get on with other aspects of life.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment