Monday, December 5, 2016

Thank You

Good morning! The chocolate is hot, the goats are milked and fed and watered, there is snow on the ground, there is a two-hour delay, I am almost done making a hat for Maddie for Christmas (I don’t have to worry about spoiling anything for her by mentioning that here, yet). Everything is pretty good in spite of the fact that the dishes are not done, the laundry is not folded, there is school today, and at the rate I am getting things written here it’s going to be a long time until I get to page 100 (this is on page 4, FYI).
Some pictures from Thanksgiving week.

I might not have bothered to spend any time here today if it weren’t for the fact that I find I have something I want to say that was just too long for a Facebook post (and, really, life should not be lived on Facebook).
She's an official bubble-blower even if you can't really see them in the picture.

I want to say “Thank you!” Thank you to all the people who supposedly liked the cookies that Paul took to the fireside and Christmas devotional last night. They were out of a bloody box, people. That’s the kind of stuff that people eat who don’t know how to cook. Thank you for encouraging Paul to buy more of that crap. Thank you. So freaking much. From the bottom of my heart.
This was so stinking cute! Elias was already asleep and Joanna put Maddie beside him and then covered them up with her blanket. Best buds!

If he hadn’t been in the kitchen making those things when I got home from Salem where I went to a prenatal appointment with Katie, I would have made gingersnaps. You know, the real deal. You know, with real ingredients like flour, eggs, butter, molasses, ginger; good stuff.
I just love this picture of Elias and his Auntie Joanna! He's such a cuddle bug! His Grandma Sorenson is going to really have fun with him at Christmas.

And here’s the difference: you know the three boys who live at my house? Well, together they didn’t eat a whole cookie. Cedric took a bite and didn’t take a second. Joseph took a bite and didn’t take a second. Seth took a bite and didn’t take a second. If I’d’ve made gingersnaps, half of them would have been gone before we left the house.
Part of our Thanksgiving spread. The real deal, people. Well except for the canned cranberry sauce. But notice the red bowl? That's the real deal. And, just to be fair, the pie crusts turned out pretty crappy. The fillings were all good, though.

That’s a big difference.
One you poor people who like boxed crap will never get to find out about.

Poor people. I feel sorry for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment