Thursday, May 14, 2015

Crazy Days

Good morning! It has been a few days, hasn’t it? Goodness!
Stone jetty at Fort Stark.
Last week I was working on Laura’s dress. I had the loops to do and the hem and the petticoat thing to make it poofy. The petticoat thing did not get finished. There simply was not enough time. That turned out okay, though,  because Laura found one at the bridal place in Gardner that worked better than what I was working on because it has really stiff netting as opposed to the really soft stuff that we had to work with. So that ended up being a good thing.
A cool metal door, one of many, at Fort Stark.

The morning of the wedding, I went upstairs because the poofy thing was driving me nuts and I cut my fingernails. I thought I heard  kid so I finished my nails and listened more. Sure enough, a kid. Zoey had a baby girl. So exciting! And she was so stinking cute with dark brown hair and a black stripe down her back. However, I had to leave to go to the temple with Blaine and Laura and then there was the reception so it was rather late when we got back although it was still light out. The kid seemed to be doing fine so I milked Zoey because she was very full.
A cool ring, also one of many, at Fort Stark.

Sunday morning everything seemed fine as well. And after church everything seemed fine. Once we were all ready, we left with a picnic lunch for Fort Stark in New Hampshire. Paul decided to drive up a way we hadn’t before and it took us right through Hampton Beach and that was a huge mistake. It took us about two and a half hours to get through that and Hampton before we could finally get going.
An awesome sunset at Fort Stark.

Our time at Fort Stark was nice. Blaine’s parents went with us and other than the drive up, it was really a nice day.
When we got home, it was approaching eleven o’clock so I milked Zoey. The kid seemed to be doing well enough.
Joseph on the phone with Dan telling him how awesome it was at Fort Stark.

Monday morning we’d talked about going to Vermont to the Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial but it takes at least two hours to get there and after sitting in the van for so many hours Sunday, I was not about to sit in it for a minimum of four. It is not a comfortable sit to begin with.
When I milked Zoey, the kid was not doing well so I brought her in the house and suggested that Paul take everyone else to Doanes Falls while I stayed home with the kid. I got some milk in her but I think at that point it was really too late and before they all got home two or three hours later, she had fallen asleep and was gone. Very sad.
In spite of the sadness, it is actually kind of nice having a goat to milk and not having to compete with any kids. Although, only having one kids wouldn’t have been as much of a competition as two or three. Still, there is give and take to all things.
Monday  night we all went out to Arisu for dinner and that was nice. Joseph loves seaweed salad and Amena, Cedric, Seth and Joseph all discovered that there are things on the menu that they actually like.
Tuesday I went with Julia to take Becky and Jay to the Boston Airport. That was alright. It wasn’t too bad other than the tunnels and the traffic (which wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been) but considering that I don’t like either, I would prefer that people not use Boston when they come to visit for arriving or departing.
Tuesday evening Cedric and Seth had scouts. They needed to meet first at the church across from the school in Hubbardston and that was great. When they got back in the car Seth said that they needed to go to another cemetery and Cedric said they needed to go to the lodge and he needed to use the bathroom. Well, we headed to the lodge but I was pretty sure Seth was right so we turned around and by the time we got to the most logical cemetery, there wasn’t anyone there so we went home.
Yesterday I managed to make bread and finish the first proofreading of Hywel and Cailín’s story. I also made fudge. And we went to Friendly’s for dinner and then I took the boys to church. Pretty exciting.
Yesterday morning Snowflake decided to give birth. She had three kids. The first is a boy, the second was stillborn, the third is a girl. The girl was quite a bit smaller than the boy so I’ve been keeping a pretty close eye on her. She’s doing really well, though. I did help her find her teat a few times yesterday but this morning she was going great guns. Yesterday, the boy seemed really huge compared to his sister; this morning she doesn’t seem quite so tiny. One of the boy’s back legs seemed to be a bit twisted yesterday but this morning it seems better just like one of the girl’s ears. I suspect they were just stuck in there at odd angles and needed a bit of time to get the kinks out.
Right now I need to find some grey yarn so my mother can finish darning my socks. Then I need to see how good a job Seth and Joseph did picking up garbage and getting branches out of the goat pen. Then I need to check on the kids and Snowflake.

Have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment