Monday, May 4, 2015

May the 4th be with you!

Amena didn’t miss the bus this morning. Other than that, just ask me how my weekend was. I dare you!
It was fine. Fairly typical in that it was nothing out of the ordinary and unlike every other weekend just like every weekend is.
Saturday morning Paul went to three places that do inspections for cars (something that must be done yearly in MA and is something of a joke but if you want to know more about that, you’ll have to wait until a car doesn’t pass or you ask) and the lines were such that he would have had to wait two or three hours. Therefore, the Jetta did not get a sticker. Therefore, I could not drive the Jetta. Therefore, I had to take the green car. You can ask me how excited I was about that. Not.
Saturday morning about 9:00 I found myself driving north to Fitzwilliam in New Hampshire. It is only something like 26 miles but it takes about 45 minutes. That is just one of the things I don’t like about this area. Still, it’s not a bad drive and can be pretty. Right now it’s still not that great because the trees are just starting to bud for the most art. Although most of the trees around are more advanced than ours because Hubbardston tends to be cooler than most of the surrounding area.
I was going for a Midwifery Skills Workshop. It was a combination of the one that was postponed in April due to everyone else either being sick or having sick children (except me) and the one that would have been this weekend but was bumped up a week because I can’t be there this weekend. Anyway, it being combined, we were going to cover April’s subject matter, Well Woman and Sexuality, Saturday, and May’s subject matter, phlebotomy, Sunday. We covered a lot and got done early Saturday and because one woman already had phlebotomy last year, one was a medical assistant and therefore knew phlebotomy, and I am actually certified as a phlebotomist, we didn’t have to cover that and therefore I didn’t have to go up Sunday.
Because I was in New Hampshire, Paul got to go get Laura and Blaine from the airport (if I have any typos that are the result of not having a p where it should be, my p key is having issues) in Hartfort Connecticut. That means that Amena and Joseph were home alone and I think Joseph was quite bored.
Friday afternoon I took Cedric and Seth to the Carrignan’s so they could go to the Spring Camporee at Camp Split Rock. Seth wanted to go and then he didn’t want to go. I’d already paid so there was no choice and it turns out he had fun. Hubbardston actually got first place which is really pretty cool. After I picked them up yesterday, Cedric was giving me a play by play; he really had fun.

That’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment