Thursday, May 21, 2015

Happy Birthday, Papa!

Good morning. Today is Papa’s birthday. If still with us earthside physically, he would be 89 if I’ve done my math right. If tears leak out of my eyes when I think about him, it’s only because I miss him so much because I love him so much. Surely there is not anywhere a better example of a good life well lived. I feel very blessed to have Papa in my life.

I’m not sure today will be as busy as yesterday and that is quite alright with me.
The Flags-In at the cemetery yesterday was nice. It’s a lot of fun and gets done very quickly with such enthusiastic cub scouts. I’m very glad that while the boy scouts don’t do the same cemetery, they do others so that the boys can continue to participate in such an activity as they advance.
When Seth, Joseph and I got home from doing the flags, we ate lunch and I took Cedric to the West’s to do some more yard work. Then I went to Hardwick to get some milk filters. I think that’s where I got the ones last time but I’m not sure. It may have been Horse & Buggy Feed or even possibly Agway in Gardner. Anyway, I also got a teat dip cup and some Bag Balm because we’re almost out.  Then I picked Amena up even though she wanted me to let her go home later.
Then Paul wanted to go to the bank to deposit tax refund checks so we also went to pick Cedric up. Then it was time for me to get something in the oven for dinner before milking. Joseph and Seth brought in Snowflake, Goldilocks and Zoey as well as young kids and I milked. Then we ate.

Then Paul took Joseph with him while he took Cedric and Seth to scouts and Amena and I went to church.
At church we watched the most recent Face 2 Face event which had David A. Bednar and his wife Susan. It was very good even though we did not get to watch the entire thing. One thing he mentioned is that young people shouldn’t have to be told every little thing that they can and cannot do. Interestingly, Amena used that to tell me that according to what he said, I should let her go to New York with Nick and his parents this weekend. I’m pretty sure that the Bednar’s would agree with me that Amena going to New York under such circumstances is not the best choice but that she should perhaps check out the ten commandments and other scriptures that relate to number five.
Really all I have up for today is school, making something with rhubarb in the next three hours, and maybe actually getting Julia’s other battery and the charger. Plus all the usual stuff that needs to be done.

Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment