Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Note to Self

Good morning! There was a 50% chance of rain overnight and I’d say it did from the looks of things. I haven’t been out other than to let the dog and cat in and out or out and in but it feels cooler than yesterday. Yesterday was beautiful aside from the fact that it was so much warmer than it has been so it felt hot. Especially inside a car.
This week is vacation for many schools in this area. Maybe all, but I don’t want to sound so certain when I’m not. No school for Quabbin for sure. Because it’s vacation certain of my offspring thought they ought not to have to go to bed at the usual hour. Because they were so slow in getting to bed, I was hoping that I’d have some time this morning with no interruptions. Well, silly me for thinking such thoughts. Seth and Joseph ended up only going to bed about forty-five minutes late so they were up close to the time they usually are. Amena and Cedric didn’t go to bed until just before I did and they are still in bed. I’m okay with that. Seth is playing with LEGOs and Joseph is veging out on the couch. I’m okay with both of those, too.
Yesterday morning I took a shower and noticed that the water was noticeably cool. I thought that was odd and as a result hurried faster than I would normally. As a result of that, I didn’t scrub my arms and neck as well as I ought and as a result of that, I have what has to be a hay-induced rash on my neck and arms. It is much better this morning but still itchy in spots.
Amena had track practice yesterday from 10 to noon, although we had to leave at 11:15 because she had a dentist appointment at 12:15. She drove part way and while she was at practice I visited two cemeteries and found a letterbox. It was a beautiful day. After the dentist, I had a lunch date with Kenisha. That was very nice. There are just times when I need a break from the typical, you know? By the time I got home, it was time to think about dinner.
“Mom, how do you spell while?” That was Seth.
“W-H-I-L-E.”
The cemeteries I visited were both in preparation for the vampire letterboxing series I want to do. I’m waiting for Dracula to arrive at the library for me so I can use it for my first clue. My object yesterday was searching for good hiding places.
“Mom, does I’ll have one L or two?” Seth again.
“What kind of I’ll?” I was wondering if it was I’ll or isle.
“I will do something.”
“Two.”
I also was looking at headstones to use for some of the other clues and I found some good material. In one cemetery I was able to replace a couple of flags. One had broken and the base of another had come off its spike. I love seeing when these people served. There were a few from the Korean War, more from WWII, a few from WWI and even one from the Revolutionary War. I didn’t notice any from Vietnam. I thought this was an appropriate activity for Patriot’s Day although to be perfectly fair, I would have done it anyway.
I noticed this one right away because of the name. Finding a Daniel or a Joseph in a cemetery is not an unusual occurrence. I haven't found many Seth's and I've never seen a Cedric. Still, when I see a Daniel, I always stop and take a look. This time, I noticed that this Daniel died young, too; just 19 years and 10 months old he was.

“Mom, how do you spell probably?” I’m not sure what he’s doing in there.
“P-R-O.”
“Yeah.”
“B-A-B.” No response. “L-Y.”
For dinner we had leftover soup and garlic bread. I now need to make more bread which is a good thing because I have much sourdough starter I need to put to use.
Up for today we/I have many things on the agenda:
Letterbox plant at the rec field
Driving with Amena to Nick’s (she’ll only drive part way, but still)
Fixing my garden boxes behind the house and perhaps making one or two more
Building two shelves for windows for more starts inside
Perhaps a visit to another one or two cemeteries
Somehow, I think that’s enough to fill the day. I also need to make soap this week and we really need to clean house at some point in time. And of course it’s about time to go feed goats and milk. And Joseph informed me that I didn’t do a stamp for Holy Water for the vampire series. I told him I wasn’t sure how to draw holy water because the I’m only familiar with the stuff inside Catholic churches. I looked it up anyway and saw a couple of pictures that would work carved as a stamp. If I do that, I need to either add another cemetery to the list or have two stamps in one. I think I would opt for the second as I really thing five stopping places is enough. On the other hand, I have been known to change my mind.
Off to milk I go.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment