Thursday, April 27, 2017

It's a good thing some people have hard heads...

Good morning. People around here can sleep through anything. It’s kind of interesting.
Last night I had a pile of towels on the floor in front of the upstairs bathroom. Last night I neglected to put the dog in her crate.
This morning I got up at 5:00 to make sure Cedric was awake and getting up to get ready for school. I knew the towels were there but did not know the dog would be, although I suppose I should have because she has a penchant for sleeping on dirty clothes. I did not turn any lights on because I like to avoid lights when I’m just getting up in the morning. If I have lights on, I usually have my eyes shut. No lights this morning.
Kitty and Maddie in the backyard on April 10th. I think it is safe to say we all had a good day outside that day.

Towels, dog, dark. Bad combination.  I tripped and fell and hit my head on the bookshelf between bedroom doors. I also landed on my left upper thigh which is going to have a bruise because I’m not sure where my arnica is. I need to organize my stuff.
Anyway, I had to change some clothes because I also often use the bathroom when I get up at 5:00 and I needed to today. Perhaps needless to say and perhaps TMI, I kind of didn’t make it to the bathroom. I kind of just went when I landed.
Pond at Lake Wampanoag Wildlife Sanctuary in Gardner. Joseph, Seth, Maddie, Tyler, and I went with the Brinker family for a Cub Scout hike on April 22.

So, I changed, got a washrag to see if I was bleeding (I was), and went to look up signs and symptoms of a concussion (my head hurts but no more than my leg and I have no other signs so I think it’s all good). Then I decided to see if I could somehow see through my hair to my scalp. I was successful. There is a gash there and although it’s about an inch and a half long, it isn’t gaping so I just held a washrag on it until I went outside to take care of the goats and then I just put a hat on (thanks, Grandma) to hold the washrag in place. No problem.
I did decide to not go to my business class this morning. I will read the material and do the activities and report to my action partner. And I’m sure we’ll have no trouble at all eating the chocolate zucchini rum cake I made to take.
I think this cutie pie had fun. I forgot the pack so I had to carry her so thank goodness it was only 1.26 miles and she is less than 20 pounds.

Still, I really, really, really want to go see Beauty and the Beast again today and Joseph and I should go to the Pack Meeting tonight.
At any rate, Cedric is the only one who heard anything that went on in the hall. Along with everything else, I also knocked over a folded fold-up table. And later, Joseph is the only one who noticed my bloody washrag on the table. He is also the only one who asked if I was going to my class. Yay for 15-year-olds who were already awake and observant 10-year-olds.
I took a shower after taking care of the goats but did not wash my hair. Currently the day is almost like any other. And yet very unlike any other. In other words, it’s uniform in its complete uniqueness.

I hope you have a uniformly unique day!

No comments:

Post a Comment