Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Bit of Catch Up

Good morning! I’m not exactly waxing poetic this morning but a day that begins with a piece of cheesecake for breakfast can’t be all bad, can it?
The day began quite early for some of us. My alarm went off at 3:00 and all I had to do was get dressed and drive. My mother, Becky, and Jay all had to get up and get ready to go. I was setting the GPS when Paul came out and said if we could wait a couple of minutes, he’d go with us. That was kind of wonderful because I really was not looking forward to the drive. Granted, I went to bed super early (8:45) and I’d rather be driving after getting up at three than staying up until three, but I’m still grateful that I didn’t have to drive. We made good time and got to the airport at 5:02 which was perfect for the travelers whose flight was scheduled to leave at 6:06 (it may have been 6:08 or something close—remembering little details like that is Becky’s job, not mine). We were home before 6:30 and I went back to bed. I really wanted to go to Adam and Kim’s sealing this morning but I also didn’t want to be a potentially unsafe driver so I did not set my alarm and told myself that if I woke up in time to get ready, I would go. I woke up when Laura called me at 8:10. Not in time.
I think I’m still tired. Three late night/early morning trips to Manchester in ten days is a lot. The next one isn’t for two weeks and it’s in the afternoon. I think I can deal with that.
Anyway, we had a good visit, I think. Busy, but good.
Last Thursday we kind of didn’t do much. That was good because we didn’t get home until 3:30 in the morning. The flight originally was supposed to arrive at 11:30 or so but it kept getting pushed and pushed until it actually arrived around close to 1:00. Joanna and Zak went with me and we had a fun trip. I mean, you know, as fun a trip as you can have driving a huge van after you’ve been watching Harry Potter.
Friday Becky, Mom and I went to That $1.99 Fabric Store. Becky got some fabric as did I, but my mother did not. She did say that if she lived close to something like that, her wardrobe would be better. That evening, Paul and I went on a ‘double date’ with Becky and Jay. My mom got to stay home with the boys because Amena was at a sleepover birthday party with some friends.
I don’t remember what we did Saturday other than a bit of baking and other such things. I cut out a couple of patterns. We were going to go to New Hampshire to Madam Sherri’s but ended up not. The original plan was to go there, take a picnic dinner, and then go pick Laura up. Only two problems with this plan. One, it would have been a lot of driving. Two, Laura ended up missing her flight because she slept in. Instead of arriving at 6:something pm, she arrived at 11:30. Joanna was going to go but didn’t. She was going to be working when I needed to leave to pick her up earlier and when I had to leave later, she had to pick Zak up from work. Becky went instead and we had a nice drive up and a decent drive home.

I’m not done yet, but I am done sitting here for now. Have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment