Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Cold

Good morning! It is currently 8° that feels like -5°. I haven’t been out yet, but it does not feel overly warm. In spite of six lovely burns yesterday afternoon/evening, it is still just 57° in the house. Our humidity is 81% and I just peeked at Yreka and Bonners Ferry; they are both 32°. They have humidity percentages of 76 and 100 and I’m pretty sure those are greatly influenced by the fact they have fog. I would be willing to bet that in three hours both places will be warmer than 8°. Such is life.
I like candles. For many reasons.They help get rid of unpleasant smells but they also add warmth in more than just physical ways.

Amena has already not missed the bus this morning which is always good news. Cedric is, as usual, getting ready. Joseph, Seth and Paul are all still abed. It’s a fairly typical morning in these parts. At least for us.
Seth opening something.

Last night I went to bed with warm feet and a warm nose and once I was in bed the proceeded to get cold. I wasn’t sure if I should go get a rice pack for my feet or not but didn’t really want to get out of bed because the rest of me was warm and I didn’t want to get any more cold than I was so I decided against it. I did raise the foot of the bed and fell asleep on my back and I don’t know when that was other than after Paul had gone to bed because his light was on. This morning everything was toasty. Big surprise, that.
Amena was pretty happy to get this since Joanna took hers with her. :)

Yesterday morning I wasn’t sure I wanted to go out walking because it was so cold but I knew I would warm up quickly so I got ready and went outside. It was cold and it was snowing and because it was cold the flakes were very small and very light but they did cover the ground. No big deal, I thought. Then I stepped out in the driveway where there is ice and slipped. Just a little but enough that I quickly rethought walking on roads that are potentially icy. I am not as familiar with the entire route I wanted to go so I wasn’t sure what would be icy and what wouldn’t so I went back in the house and did PiYo without walking.
Misty was having a grand time watching.

Today I’m not sure what I’ll be doing. I haven’t ventured out yet because I really don’t like to go out and feed the goats until about 7:30 and it isn’t that yet. Time will tell. PiYo at least. C2fk hopefully.
Zak, Joanna and Cedric. Zak is pretty happy because he can play Life and eat his fat pills. Joanna, on the other hand, has a remote control spider.

In other news, there isn’t really much to report. I’m still working on the hat I started for going out in the mornings. I’ve got about 2 ½ inches to go before I decrease but because it’s straight knitting and I’ll be working with two colors much of that distance, it shouldn’t take too long. I’d be happy to finish today but might not until tomorrow.
I'm not sure what my expression says. There are now four rolling pins in the house that I know of. This one I wanted not for baking but to add to my bag of tricks.

Tomorrow is Paul’s birthday. A week after that is my birthday. Twelve days after that is Seth’s birthday. Then we’re done at our house until Daniel’s birthday.
Gift cards are always good.

Dog’s stink. At least these dogs do. I wonder what would happen if their beds got moved to the living room. There is a spot at one end where they would fit nicely and they wouldn’t be too cold because one of the baseboard heaters is right there. I wonder if they would use them or still come back. I’m not sure I’ll really try it because Scooter is so old and blind she’d probably never get used to it but I sure don’t like having this smell so close to the table where we eat and where the younger boys and I spend so much of the school day.
Later this morning we will be venturing out and about to look for fabric. We are hoping to find better selection at a different Joann’s and will be going to Nashua to look at the one there. If we strike out there I’m not sure what we’ll do but a trip to That $1.99 Fabric Store and the Joann’s in Shrewsbury might be in order. But not today. We shall see.
Tonight we have stuff going on at church. Joseph’s den meeting for tonight was postponed to next Wednesday which is fine. That just means I’ll miss church stuff two weeks in a row instead of staggered. I can deal with that; hopefully everyone else can as well.

And that is all you will get from me today. Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment