Thursday, January 15, 2015

Oh, Yeah!

No pictures again today for which I am sorry because they add interest to almost anything. Still, yesterday was too interesting to say nothing about it.
The morning was fairly uneventful. I did go for a walk. I went up Birches to Ragged Hill, up Ragged Hill to Cross, across Cross to New Templeton, up New Templeton to Birches, down Birches, and home. Took me seven minutes longer than normal because the upper part of Birches was like a skating rink with grade. Sometimes quite a bit. That was fun. Actually, I enjoyed the whole walk with the exception of that part. Cedric's bus passed me three times--once going up New Templeton, once going down, and lastly on the bottom of Birches. Pretty exciting that was.
When I got home, I took Amena and Cedric over to Joanna's and picked up Seth, Joseph and Laura. I'd kind of forgotten that Julia and I were going to go visit Amy Troop so I had time to do one PiYo segment and then it was time to get my stinky self off to Gardner for Julia and then Ashburnham.
That was nice.
Then I was on my way home. On the way home, I noticed a State Police car with lights flashing leaving route 2 into the rotary I was entering. I pulled over to let him go by and proceeded on my merry way. I was at the stop light by the Shell station and Salvodor's when another State Police car went by with flashing lights (and siren). I wondered what was up but they were far ahead of me and by the time I got past Walmart and whatever-the-name-of-the-street-is-we-usually-turn-on-but-don't-remember I was just hoping they hadn't had any reason to go to my house.
Then I got to Whitney. I could have gone either way but I'm not familiar with the road to the west so I went east because I knew I could get around and down via Old Westminster, etc. Everything was fine until I caught up to two cars whose drivers very obviously did not know where the heck they were going. In their defense, the roads around here lead those who are not familiar with them to wonder where the heck they are going on a regular basis. In my defense, I knew where I was, where I was going, and I had an agenda that I was running out of time to accomplish. I kept following these two cars because they kept going the way I needed to go and we were on the hill that leads up to the stop sign at the top of Morgan and they stopped and asked a truck going the other direction where to go (it was obvious due to hand signs, etc.). That's great except for the small fact that it was on a hill that we were going UP and it looked something like Birches where I'd been skating already. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????!!!!!! There was a line of cars behind me and I was headed uphill on a sheet of ice. It took me three tries to get going but I did and those cars are darn lucky I didn't catch up with them and wasn't in the truck. Idiots.
That took 40 minutes to go what usually takes about 15. Yeah, I was thrilled.
The reason? It seems that someone barricaded themselves into their house and was threatening to blow it up. Wow. Really?
Then I took a shower and got ready to go to scouts with Joseph. That was fun and I don't have time to tell you about it because I'm running out of time for this and still have more.
Joseph and I got home and picked up the Legos that Seth hadn't. Paul got home with Amena, Cedric and Seth. Everyone got to bed except Cedric who noticed a car at the bottom of the hill just before you get to our house. I went outside and could hear people talking but not what they were saying. Cedric went to bed (but kept getting up). I was knitting and drinking hot chocolate because although I needed to go to bed, I didn't really want to. I was also washing some laundry and doing this and that. At one point, a guy knocked on the door and wanted to know our address so he could tell someone he was on the phone with. He said that someone ran into a tree. Oh, boy! There were flashing lights approaching and then more lights and then a tow truck. The flashing lights of red, blue and green were rather pretty and I thought about taking a picture but my phone was upstairs charging and the camera wouldn't have taken a very good one so I didn't.
Eventually I decided it was time to get myself to bed and went upstairs to get the rice pack to warm it up and I noticed there was a missed call and a message. It was the hospital. There was a girl in and could I go in? Well, of course I could. I didn't really want to because it was a first-time mama so I figured I'd be there all night but I went.
The last car left the scene of the tree as I was getting ready so I was able to drive out the way we usually do rather than going out through Templeton so that was nice. I got to the hospital around 11:00 and was home by 3:00. This particular first-time mama did a great job and didn't waste any time. I'm glad I went even though I only got two hours of sleep and really wish I could go back to bed now. Nice way to begin the day, anyway.
And that is that. I do need to mention that one certain daughter is afraid that some people might get the wrong idea from a comment I made yesterday about a dress-that-shall-not-be-named (or whatever the heck I said). This particular daughter greatly dislikes dresses so purchasing or making one of any kind is a big deal in spite of the fact that it isn't. So, don't get any strange ideas. A dress is a dress. :)
Have a splendiferous day and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment