Wednesday, January 14, 2015

There is snow in the air and it's only 8 degrees out

What a not good time for my laptop to not feel well. Of course, it's my own fault that I have not taken it to the doctor in order for it to feel better. Hopefully whatever ails it will not worsen over time without care. In any case, I have so much on my mind that I had to get my sorry butt upstairs and into Paul's office so I could use his computer. There is an account set up for me and everything, I just had to utilize it. The biggest problem is that most of what I want to use a computer for, I really need my laptop because it has my files on it. Still, for now, this will certainly suffice.
Where to begin? Oh, my! How about car registration?
Yesterday on the way to Auburn, Julia got pulled over because she's had a neon flashing R sticker on her car since October 2013 (I know this because the State Police officer who pulled her over said so). That was funny for us but embarrassing for her. Still, he could have had her towed and didn't.
When we got home, Laura took off in the green car to look around for dresses/ideas/fabrics. She was on her way to Leominster and she got pulled over because the registration expired in October of last year. She didn't get the ticket, Paul did, but she was still majorly annoyed and irritated and was ready to spit nails when she got home. I don't blame her.
This morning when the ticket was brought to Paul's attention, he said, "They don't send notices any more so that they can get more money issuing tickets." Well, I agree. I think that it is wise to not send notices because that saves a bucketload of dinero and when you add on the tickets that get written for expired registrations, they not only SAVE money, they MAKE money (because even if the officers writing the tickets make $75/hour, it only takes a few minutes to stop someone and write the ticket--I mean, if Julia and Laura had gotten stopped by the same officer, he could have done it within half an hour and that would have been $155 in tickets which more than makes up his salary...or wages...or whatever).
Gosh. Anyone want to tell me how wonderful Massachusetts is right now?
This morning all is quiet on the homefront. Seth and Joseph went home with Joanna and Zak last night because Joanna doesn't have work today and since today is a half day of school, they wouldn't have gotten a whole lot done before Amena gets home. Paul left for work some time ago. Amena and Cedric are still at school (I like Cedric's teacher, by the way, she thinks these half days are ridiculous, too). I fed and watered the goats. I brought in three (or maybe four) loads of wood because I want to start a fire relatively soon. I got the fire ready to light. While I was doing wood, I was thinking about how my life will look when there are no children home compared to now.
It will be different. Some things will change but some things will not.
For example, if I use five cords of wood now to heat for the winter, I still will in 20 years. The difference is that I won't have children to help me with it. There won't be help to cut, split and stack and there won't be help to bring it in. I'm thinking that I need to talk to my prospective sons- and daughters-in-law about the fact that I will need them to live fairly close (and no, Laura, this does not mean I'm moving to Hawaii or San Jose) so that my grandchildren can help with these things.
Then I was thinking, well, if I get going on the midwifery stuff (which is one of my goals for today as well as a certain dress-that-will-not-be-named), perhaps I'll have significant others the help with these things because I think bartering is an awesome thing. Much food for thought.
In other news, I was pretty excited about going out for a walk today. I finished my second new hat since I finished the first new hat and it was too big so I gave it to Sister Buttars last week (I will provide pictures of both eventually but not until I am working with my laptop again). However, when I got up, excitement left me because it was so cold in the house. Then I went out to feed the goats and the hairs inside my nose froze and the excitement further left me. No excitement left for going out for a walk. None. Still, I might do it if it warms up above 15 degrees.
And that is about it for now. I do not make any guarantees as to when I will be back. I do appreciate being able to use Paul's computer but his desk is set up for his comfort, not mine.
Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment