Sunday, January 4, 2015

Incognito

Okay. I have no excuse for not writing earlier. I really don’t. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle, maybe? Maybe not.
This is fondant. The awesome, cool stuff that you cook. That on the left is the result of being distracted for about half a minute during which time the temperature went up almost ten degrees. Yikes! That on the right is perhaps the best fondant I have ever made. Oh my goodness!

Laura is here. She will be here for another month and four days as of today. I can deal with that. It’s nice having her here.
These are two of my helpers. Seth rolled lots of the fondant into balls and Joseph wanted to try his hand at dipping. They both did a pretty good job but looking at this stuff makes me want to eat some. Good think it's all gone.

Christmas was good. I’ve got some pictures to share but they are still on the camera so I have to deal with that first.
Pumpkin pie in the making. I just thought the bubbles were kinda cool.

I finished the socks I was working on for Joseph. They turned out good. I have a picture of them, too. On the camera.
Our stockings for this year. Amena helped with the cutting and gluing. It was fun and not such a bad idea. I'm starting the stockings for this year in a couple of weeks. :) 

I am now making a hat for myself because although we have about a million hats, I’m kind of picky about hats I wear. They have to be not too tight but not so loose that they fall off. Wool is my preferred medium and black and blue would be my preferred colors (that would go with my new jogging/walking duds J). I didn’t have any black or blue yarn so I’m using red and grey which are okay. I might have to make mittens to match because I can’t just wear a red and grey hat with blue and black clothes, can I? Ha ha, that’s almost funny. I’m not very well going to make it and never wear it, am I?
Joseph's socks. Aren't they cool? They were fun to make and went a lot faster than those I made for myself due to size and experience. And I don't know what the deal is, but the second toe always seems to go faster in spite of the fact that there are the same number of stitches and rows.

Laura and I are eating a lemon lime pie that I made earlier. The crust is really good. The whole pie is really good. However, since she is staying with Joanna, she needs a ride.
And the boys are now going to bed because tomorrow there is school. Yay! I’m not excited.

When I get back from taking Laura, I’ll do some pictures and post a post. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment