Thursday, August 18, 2016

Relative, Of Course

Good morning! And Happy Birthday, Mom! No comments about being 29 since you have a grandchild who is 30.
I just love this little guy! He's so stinking cute!

We’ve had a couple of low-key days around here. Low-key being a relative thing, of course. Elias tends to like to be awake during the night and his parents really wish he’d figure out that night is for sleeping and day is for being awake. Eventually it will come. Hopefully. In the meantime, nights can be a lot of fun. Fun being a relative thing, of course.
Photo shoot with Ellie Armstrong on Tuesday.

I’ve figured out five letterboxes within Provo to find today. Two are on the BYU campus and three are at various parks. If this weren’t a city, I’d be out getting a couple of them right now because from here to one to another to here again is just over five and a half miles. I don’t think I’ll be able to talk Laura into that but maybe parking at one and walking to the other because that will be just a little over two miles along the Provo River which means trees which means shade. Then the others we can drive to.
The bridge where the above picture was taken. This is IN Provo and yes, I know there is on the left evidence of modern civilization. Still, very pretty place.

Real mountains. I love it.

Other than that, we need to work on a blessing outfit for Elias. If it wants to be done by Sunday morning, it needs to be worked on today. Shouldn’t take long—he’s just a little thing still. Little thing being a relative thing, of course.
And cool trees.

Last night I finished a midwifery assignment that seemed like it took forever. It didn’t really but it did take two days of intermittent work. Mostly it’s good to work on that stuff in the morning when everyone else is asleep and then periodically throughout the day when there isn’t much for me to do. I’m glad I brought it with me even if the books made my bag heavier than it would otherwise have been. Heavy is, of course, a relative thing. Today I’ll start the reading for the next assignment which is all about genetic screening.
And rows of trees.

Tomorrow morning we’ll have sourdough pancakes for breakfast. Today I had nut- and rum-less Chocolate Zucchini Rum Cake with a glass of milk for breakfast. Tasty.
And a cute boy in the car yesterday. This little guy is three weeks old today!

By the way, people who shop at Walmart are not nearly as friendly as people who shop at other stores. We went to Walmart yesterday (Blaine likes to avoid Walmart—smart young man) and people looked at Elias but when we’ve gone to other stores, people ask about him. Actually, I think one person did ask how old he was yesterday but at other stores, it has been several people rather than one. So, I’m thinking Walmart can’t be bothered to pay people enough to be friendly (because it was people working at the other stores, not just customers) but other places can. Friendly being a relative thing, of course.
Other than that, I can’t think of anything terribly exciting to report on. All of that being perfectly relative, of course.

Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment