Friday, January 6, 2017

A Picture

Good morning! Let me tell you about my day.
This was in the parking lot when I was waiting for Amena to get out on December 27.
I woke up at two something because my feet were cold, my head still hurt, and I needed to use the bathroom. I checked the time first because Cedric wanted to be woken up at 5:00. It wasn’t even close. I thought about finding my rice pack for my feet but decided to just use the bathroom and hope that my feet would warm up since the rest of me, other than my head, was quite warm. I went to sleep with my hand on my head and woke up with warm feet and a sweaty forehead. That was at four something. I thought I’d see about a few minutes more sleep but quickly decided that wasn’t happening so I got up, made some tea (Tension Tamer) and waited until 5:00 to make sure Cedric was awake. I held Kitty and drank tea and told Cedric I’d make hot chocolate when he asked if I would.
The clouds and sky were just pretty this particular day (December 28).
Then I made hot chocolate and because my tea was almost gone decided to make some for me. Because I didn’t think cayenne would cut it, I put habanero in mine. Tasty.
I got hot chocolate poured for Cedric and Amena to take with them and drank mine. Then I milked the goat and fed them and all that fun stuff. I looked for the hoof trimming tools which Paul said were in the barn near to where they’d been before he took some big things out. They were actually near, but they were buried under a bunch of other stuff and I didn’t actually find them until I took water out to the goats later.
Then I told Paul I didn’t want to go to our appointment in Nashua because of the headache and being exposed to people in varying degrees of having a cold in the past couple of days and the snow. It was snowing. Not a lot. He said that we are supposed to give them 24-hours’ notice. I told him that I didn’t know at 9:00 yesterday morning that I was going to feel like I needed to stay home.
Seth is definitely Daniel's brother. He wanted to help make tortillas on the 3rd and actually did most of the work.
Then, you know, life kept on happening. Paul needed a ride to the tire place so he could pick up Blaire’s truck and take it to work. I don’t know what the deal was but the traffic on 68 was something. It was steady and took probably five minutes to get out. I’d already decided not to go home that way because there were the Asplundah people cutting trees and brush on the side of the road right at the bottom of the hill by the house.
Also like Daniel, he does not like his picture to be taken. I wanted to get him in there but as you can see, was not successful.
I made more tea (Echinacea Plus) for me and some for Joseph (some kind of berry) and told Seth and Joseph to shake a leg because it was time to rise and shine. Seth wanted hot chocolate so I warmed up what was left from Amena and Cedric and thought he’d probably want more so I made more and warmed up mine because my tea was almost gone. I also called to let them know in Nashua that we would not be there. I also called the dentist because somehow I missed the fact that Seth and Joseph had dentist appointments this morning. Those and Amena’s that we missed last week are all rescheduled for later this month.
Then Seth and I had some hot chocolate and we got school started. They did pretty well getting things done yesterday in spite of everything which is very nice.

Now it is first recess time and I need more tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment