Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Window

My day today has thus far looked an awful lot like yesterday. Last night I sent Joanna a text saying, in effect, “I don’t think I’m sick but I feel like I’m fighting something off. Just so you know.”
Her response was that she’d call out today. I do not blame her. It is important to keep the little ones healthy and while I was really looking forward to having Maddie today, I would not want to be guilty of inadvertently passing something on to her.
Look at this! I decided this poor spider needed to be transplanted not realizing it was in a pot in a pot.

I didn’t get up as early today. Just before six rather than sometime between four and five. I still didn’t sleep as well as I’d’ve liked and although the idea of staying in bed was nice in some ways, in others it was not.
This is what it looked like inside the pot inside the pot. I had to tear the roots that were between the pots off. Poor thing.

I’ve had two cups of tea and one of hot chocolate. The two cups of tea are the same as the first two from yesterday. The hot chocolate has habanero in it. The goats are fed and watered and Zoey is milked. Not only did Joseph have tea this morning, so did Amena and Tyler (who spent the night). They all and Seth had breakfast. I’ve folded three or four loads of laundry and washed two. One is in the drier, the other is waiting. I’ve washed dishes although there are a few more dirty now.
I was thinking about using the square red pot but decided the big black one would be better.

All I really want to do is knit and work on paperwork but if I sit, I feel like I’m freezing. If I’m up moving around, I feel fine. I know it is cold in the house but still…
Maybe I should make bread. The only problem is that all the kinds I really want to make require starting a sponge or starter the night before.
I think it's much happier now. What do you think? This was on September 29, by the way.

Maybe I should take a shower. That will warm me up a bit. The only problem with that is that Amena needs a ride to work in ten or fifteen minutes. When I get back from that, I probably will take one.
No matter what happens, there are always lots of things to do. Always lots of things to do that I don’t really want to. Always lots of things that I do want to do. Never enough time for everything.

Right now I’m drinking hot chocolate and thinking about the many things to do. And wondering about things. Life surely is interesting, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment