Monday, March 10, 2014

Cake

Good morning! The time changed and we made it to church on time but it sure was hard getting up this morning. The goats are fed and fed up with the snow; they would like to go out in the back field and eat some nice fresh grass. We awoke to new snow this morning. It isn’t much; just enough to cover up all the ugly. It is this part of winter that I do not like—when the snow is dirty and looks tired. Except in the mountains of which there aren’t any real ones around here.
I don’t really have any great or spectacular things to talk about today. I would love to go back to bed but that never really works for me so I won’t bother. I have a boatload of laundry to wash but I’m thinking about just taking care of what’s on the couch and stuffing all the dirty stuff into the hamper and a basket. There are some dishes that need to be washed. This will be accomplished in the process of cleaning the kitchen because I need to make soap this week.
Frosting in the bowl. I just like the pattern the blender makes.

The table is covered with yarn and knitting books. I sometimes wish that my twerpy youngest sister knew how to talk or write letters or even email because I’m sure that the three of us could have some rousing conversations about knitting. That’s kind of a whole other barrel of fish though so I won’t be going there today. I did find the book that my mother has been missing. It’s called A Gathering of Lace and it has some rather spectacular patterns in it. I’ve had it for so long (it was with our stuff when we came to Massachusetts) and looked at it so many times that every time I open it, it is like visiting with an old friend. I am very sad to have to send it back to her but happy that someday it will be mine.
Putting candles on the cake.

Last week my website finally went live. That’s actually kind of exciting and one of the reasons I need to get going with some soapmaking. I actually have an order for 30 baby bars for a bridal shower in June. I just love making soap. It’s kind of like knitting and midwifery and my family.
Celebrating seventeen years since Daniel was born.

Speaking of midwifery, I’ve been working on my application to the Utah College of Midwifery. They have a similar program to Birthwise but all of the course work is online and I would work with a local midwife as a preceptor. I really would love to do Birthwise but am not sure how I could manage to be gone for a week or two every six weeks during a semester. Anyway, any prayers or warm fuzzy thoughts you want to send would be greatly appreciated. Cedric wants me to be a midwife as soon as possible. I’m not sure he quite understands what it would mean for me to be one but still, I think it’s kind of cool that I have complete support from my 12-year-old son.

With that, I will bid you good day. Have a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment