Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cold Cold

Good morning! It’s a lovely sunny day outside with birds singing and flitting about. However, it is also a very cool day coming in currently at 12° that feels like 4°. Spring is supposed to start when?
Joseph and I went to the doctor yesterday. Joseph has a cold and I have a cold. If this is a cold, it is either unlike any cold I’ve ever had or I’ve never had a cold before. I vacillate between which I think it is. Bot of our rapid strep tests came out negative but she did regular swabs to send to the lab to be sure (which is normal protocol for negative results). We should see tomorrow afternoon if either of us have more than just a cold. I would suspect Joseph does just have a cold but I don’t like to mess with the possibility of strep—one of the problems with having taken A&P.
Other than that, we had a very low key day. I watched lots of Breaking Bad and did some knitting because I actually felt like doing something and Joseph watched some movies because that’s one of ways to get him to rest. Joseph had some tea and I had a lot of tea.
Amena went with us when we went to the doctor because I told her I’d get her some new underwear after school.
For dinner we had hotdogs and sauerkraut and broccoli. I skipped the hotdogs and sauerkraut and just had broccoli. And some miso soup that Zak and Joanna brought home and never ate. Or drank.
Pretty low key. Today I expect to be similar to yesterday. I fed the goats grain and watered them. I need to take them hay but because of the temperature, I’m not excited about going out. That and once I get cold, it seems to take a while to get warm again. Last night I was nice and toasty in bed and woke up all sweaty.
Cedric wanted me to take him to school early today. He said that his teacher has said that she’s usually there by 7:30 and that if anyone needs to come in then to do some work or whatever, that’s fine. He had a project due yesterday that he told me was due Friday and he forgot a paper that had information on it that he needed for his poster. I would have taken him but for one thing, I still don’t feel wonderful and going out in the cold really doesn’t help and for another thing, he was not being nice to Seth and I need to see better behavior before I give out rewards. (Why do they, especially Cedric, want the reward first: “I’ll be good if you give me that.” My response is, “I’ll give you that if you are good.”)

I really need our microscope. I wish I knew where it was. We left it in Idaho and I’m not sure my mother has it. I would so love to look up some of the stuff that’s coming out of my nose under a microscope. Some of it is quite interesting looking.
This is part of Cedric's poster that he was working on.

Since I can’t do that, I guess I’ll settle for a third cup of tea shortly. Paul just finished making his breakfast of a ham steak with potatoes and eggs fried in a copious amount of olive oil and the fumes/particles floating in the air are making me cough. He also boiled some water so I got to pour it in my cup as soon as I had the bag in it. Too bad the tea isn’t ready as soon as the water is poured.

Anyway, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment