Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What does it say?

Well, good morning! I woke up to no electricity. I don’t know, or at least don’t remember, what Quabbin policy is when there is no electricity in an area of the district but I took candles up to Amena and Cedric so they can work on getting ready. The biggest problem in my mind is that I didn’t charge my phone or my laptop during the night so my phone is about dead and I have limited time on my computer. At least I have something.
It is times like this I would like to have a wood stove in the main part of the house because I’d be able to cook some rolled oats or make hot chocolate. As it is, I’d have to build a fire in the basement and if you could see the state of the wood stove in the basement, you would know that the electricity might very well be on by the time I even get everything cleared away that is on or too near it. I didn’t put all the stuff there and I don’t know where it is supposed to be. It is times like this that I wish I’d been here for the remodeling phase for the house. A gas or propane stove would be equally nice but would have required my presence during that phase as well.
Cedric gave me his report paper for PE last night. He got, as I expected, an A. A low A which is somewhat curious, but an A.
There really isn’t much to report from yesterday. Seth and Joseph did school. Amena and Cedric went to school. Joseph had scouts in the afternoon and won’t have any next week because there is no school on Tuesday. I went to Barre to pick Cedric up and he asked if he could watch a soccer game and that he could get a ride home with Ryan. I was slightly annoyed that I’d driven over for nothing but let him stay. Cedric and Seth had scouts but Cedric didn’t go. Amena wanted to go to Walmart between Joseph’s scouts and Seth’s scouts so I took her. I watched a doula webinar while she was in so my laptop was not charged enough to take to boy scouts so I took Seth, dropped him off, came home. While I was home, I took a shower. Then it was about time to go pick him up so I did.
The boys weren’t quite done when I got there so I went inside. Kathy Garland and Chris Barbera were talking in the kitchen area so I went there rather than hang out in the main room. Chris said, “She isn’t even wearing a Star Wars shirt.”
I stood up and held my arms up, “Take another look.”
She looked and laughed and said, “I love it!”
I was wearing my sweatshirt that looks like Chewbacca’s chest. It was pretty funny.
Up for today is more of the same. No scouts but church tonight.
I mentioned Monday change happening and I have to say that I am adjusting to the idea of some of the change but other parts of it I’m extremely apprehensive about because I know there is a potentially huge time factor involved and I really don’t have that much time. Homeschooling Seth and Joseph takes a huge chunk of time. I am able to get some things done while they’re doing their work but there are some things I cannot do because they do need help and guidance. Being involved with cub scouts as the Committee Chair takes a bit of time. Not a ton but an average of an hour or two each week and sometimes more. Finishing up my doula certification is going to take a few hours of my time although that will be done at some point in the fairly near future. Doula work takes some time, especially if someone is in labor during the shifts I sign up for and just because I sign up for the 11 to 7 shifts doesn’t mean that I don’t have to sleep in the morning if I go in which is more time. Midwifery studies take some time. I should be spending at least 16 hours a week on that which boils down to 5.2 hours each weekday (because I don’t do any on Sunday and Saturday’s are usually too crazy to get much done). Every second weekend of every month there are midwifery workshops I need to attend and that takes up my Saturday and/or Sunday afternoon. And then there is church. Soccer and cross country are about done but when they’re going, I have a boy to get to practice and games and another boy to pick up from practice or meets; that takes time. Milking the goats takes time and I do it every day.
So, basically, my weekends are full. My days require at least six hours of school between me and the boys. Add to that the other myriad things that must be done (I didn’t mention cooking or other household chores in my paragraph above), and I really don’t see how I can realistically add another hour or more of preparation for the change. So, we’ll see what happens.
In the meantime, it’s 6:26 and I don’t know if the bus is going to be here. Have a wonderful day!

And, Laura, have a spectacular birthday! Hard to believe it’s been almost a quarter of a century!

No comments:

Post a Comment