Monday, October 5, 2015

Wow! That's all I can say about it.

Good morning! I’m sure lots of people had fun, exciting days yesterday. I know I sure did. It started at 3:29 am with a 34 second long phone call. “Mom, can you take me to the ER? Lincoln has to work.” Well, yeah, I can. I guess that’s why I went to bed with my clothes on (sweat pants and sweat shirt). I grabbed a few things like my inhaler and water and went to get Joanna. Lincoln called ahead and talked to the OB doctor so he’d know Joanna was on her way and when we got there, she got right in.
Joanna was pretty sure she was going to have a repeat D&C and that is what the doctor suggested. He did an ultrasound and she had a clot that was as large as a normal sized uterus. No wonder she was in pain. He seemed really nice and actually was very truthful when telling Joanna the possible consequences of another D&C. I really appreciated that.
Ultimately, both of Joanna’s trips to the ER are the direct result of the first D&C which appears to not have been properly done along with the fact that she did not respond to the medication she was given to help get everything out. I find that extremely annoying.
As soon as Joanna was able, we got to go home. We ate some breakfast and then I helped Joanna put soap into boxes and tie ribbons around as many boxes as she had ribbon for. Then she went to take a nap. I tried taking a nap but laying down made me cough too much so I sat up. I watched conference and did nap through some of it but got to hear enough to know there were some excellent talks and that I really want to watch them all again.
Joanna woke up during the last speaker and then started doing some laundry. I washed the dishes because if there is one thing I hate when I don’t feel great is dishes. Then, Emily West was going to be there to talk about pictures and Joanna was going to vacuum. I wouldn’t let her do that, silly girl. Besides, it’s been so long since I used a regular vacuum that it was actually kind of fun.
Emily arrived and then Lincoln got home. I’d decided to stay until it was time to leave to pick up Amena. She was supposed to be back to the school at 4:00. She called while I was en route and had to leave a message because my phone was being strange. I had to turn it off and then turn it back on before I could do anything with the touch screen. Anyway, her message was just that they were going to be there in about 45 minutes from when she called which was about 15 minutes before 4:00 so I was going to get to sit and wait for a bit. I was okay with that. The car would be warm from the sun and I was just tired enough that I would be able to have a little nap. And that’s what I did.
When I saw Amena walking toward the car, I didn’t recognize her at first because she was dressed all in black. She never dresses all in black. I asked her if she had any fun and she did not respond favorably. I asked her if there was anything good about the trip at all and she said, “The food?”
“Just the food?”
She considered for a few seconds and nodded, “Yeah.” After a pause, “The bus trip back was okay, too.”
Wow. I guess she won’t be going again. She said that lots of people complained and hated it but once they were on the way home they were all excited and talking about going back next year. Sounds about right. She wants to see if she can drop NJROTC before the end of the school year, though, so I know she won’t be going again. Unless she does something really strange and changes her mind before then.
While we were on our way home, Joanna called. This time, they’d tried to pick up the prescriptions that I dropped off on the way home from the hospital but only one of them was available. The other one, the one Joanna really needed the most, was not available at the pharmacy in Orange. It was in Gardner, though. Would I please pick it up in Gardner and bring it to her? Sure.
So I dropped Amena off, told Paul what I was doing, stopped at the bank to make sure I had enough money to cover it (more about that in a minute), and went to the pharmacy before heading to Orange again. This time the sun was in my face so that was completely different from my morning trip in the dark. I hadn’t had anything to eat since my late breakfast of two sausages so I got myself a bag of peanut M&Ms when I was at the pharmacy and ate half of them on the way. I dropped the pills off, Joanna gave me money to cover them, and I left for home.
Once I got home, I washed enough dishes so I could milk the poor goats and after telling the boys that they get to learn how to milk so that when something like this happens again, the goats won’t be left stranded. Right now it isn’t too bad because they aren’t giving a lot of milk but if they were, it would not have been good at all.
This prescription that Joanna needed was for nine pills. Misoprostol. It is expensive stuff. For those nine pills, they wanted $200. That is over $22 per pill. Can you imagine? Holy crap. Lincoln was able to talk them down to just under $75 and that is even pretty darn expensive. What on earth makes anything worth that much? I know the answer and I don’t like it and I really think it’s time to do something about it. That is absolutely just ridiculous and we, like sheep, just sit back and take it without taking any action to bring about change.
Since the goats were milked 12 hours late yesterday, I’m milking an hour late today. No, there is no logical explanation for this, it is just what is happening. After I milk, I will go move stakes for them and then I will do a few odds and ends sorts of things like laundry before I start sewing. Today we are taking a sewing (think snow) day for school and tacking it on to the end in May. I need to get these dresses done and since they aren’t yet, I want them to be by Wednesday. Joanna’s first, then the others. I want Joanna’s to be done today. There are plenty of things the boys can do to help get ready for Laura, Blaine, and my mom so it isn’t like they’ll be sitting around playing with LEGOs all day.

Have a splendiferous day! (And a huge thanks to all those who have kept Joanna in their thoughts and prayers—it means more than words can say.)

PS I was going to have some pictures for you but the cord for the phone has gone AWOL. I might add some later if I find it and some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment