Friday, September 19, 2014

In Which...

Good morning! I have been thinking about this a lot lately. Obviously I haven’t been acting much. Such is life sometimes. Especially when life is busy.
I requested a book from the library. It is called Hard Choices by Hillary Clinton. I read 32 pages the first day and haven’t been able to touch it since. Every time I touch it I feel like I need to wash my hands. The scary thing is that if anyone else had written it, the words wouldn’t be that bad. However, it is really hard to believe something written by someone who has such a propensity for telling lies. I don’t think I’m going to get very far before I have to return it to the library. I think it will be the first time in a very long time that I couldn’t finish a book that I started.

Anyone who knows me has probably heard about the fire in Weed. How tragic! It happened so quickly and caused so much loss. I realize that what was lost is nothing more than material goods but it is still a loss and people do mourn such loss. I have lost material possessions over the course of my life and I know that in spite of the fact that these things are not alive, they still have meaning to us. My heart goes out to all who lost anything: homes, clothes, money, vehicles, whatever. Just tragic.
In other news, life has been kind of busy. Laura went back to Utah. It was nice having her here and since she left, I have discovered that it is much nicer to have someone to share hot chocolate with. Not just any hot chocolate, you know. I can make hot chocolate and share it with the boys and Amena or Joanna but they don’t appreciate the hot chocolate with chipotle powder in it.

Yesterday I went up in the attic to look for fabric and yarn and decided that the attic is not appropriate storage for either. It wouldn’t be so bad if 1) it were easier to get to, 2) the temperature wasn’t so drastic, 3) it was more organized. I expected it to be cool because the house was cool and it was rather warm. It was too warm to be comfortable and when you combine that with the fact that you can’t stand up straight most of the time up there, it makes for a very uncomfortable journey.
Amena and Cedric are cheating: they kept piling sand under their feet and standing on tip toes.

Monday we went to school so that Seth could go to Art at 8:30. Tuesday we went to school so Seth could go to PE. Joseph wasn’t interested in either of them so we don’t go for him. I like the fact that these things are available but I don’t like how much going disrupts our schedule. Wednesday morning at 9:30 Cedric had a dental appointment which was also a disruption. Yesterday I had to go to Shrewsbury to talk to the attorney who is helping out with all the legal stuff regarding the accident. That was a disruption. After that, we went to Julia’s so I could help her with a pattern. While that was a disruption, it was a more easily dealt with disruption and might happen again; it’s pretty easy to take school work with us there because there is somewhere to work on it. Yesterday Joanna came over just before lunch and we had the sister missionaries over for lunch and that was a good disruption. Today is the first official meeting of a writing group that I would like to go to but I have really kind of had enough of disruptions this week; not sure I can take another.
Other than that, it hasn’t been a bad week here. I didn’t write a single word in my Hywel and Cailin story but Monday I wrote some, Tuesday I wrote 1,780 words, and Wednesday I wrote 2,607. I don’t feel like that’s too shabby considering how disrupted the week has been. 
My goals for today include: knitting (I took out what I had done on the socks I started earlier this week because I’d miscalculated how many stitches I needed—that was a bummer), writing (I would like to get at least 2,000 words done [on my story] which isn’t, in my opinion, really very hard because just what I’ve written here is more than 700), school (boys done and next week prepared for).

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment