Friday, September 26, 2014

Is

Good morning!
I don’t really have to say much about yesterday because you already got the excitement of the math books.
The day was pretty good other than the fact that I wrote less than 200 words and knit less than one stitch. Still, I wrote more than 100 words and at least took my knitting with me and had it on the table near where I was most of the day. So at least something is better than nothing, and potential is good, there just wasn’t any extra, ‘free’ time to speak of until when we got home from the Pack Meeting.
I took this at the place where Cedric has scouts a few weeks ago. The clouds were really pretty.

I didn’t tell you that the MathIt I ordered arrived yesterday. It actually came while I was writing about the whole ordeal (if such it can be called) of figuring out where the boys should be in math but I didn’t say anything about it. It’s awesome. I don’t want the boys to actually use it until I get some contact paper to cover the cards with because it is used and I don’t want it to be destroyed. I haven’t decided yet if I want to go down to Spencer today and get stuff or if I want to do it Monday. Children aren’t allowed in so I can’t really take Seth and Joseph so today might be better when Joanna can watch them but she’s already watching them while I go to the dentist this morning. And if I go today, not much in the way of school is going to get done at all. Anyway, MathIt came and that is cool.
Cedric asked me to spell ‘hospital’ for him and I did like this: “h-o-s”
“Yeah.”
“p-i-t”
“Okay.”
“a-l.”
It was during the “p-i-t” that I thought, and I realize this is completely just the imaginings of my mind, “Oh, that’s why they use Pitocin so much at the hospital: because they call Pitocin ‘pit’ and p-i-t are in ‘hospital.’” I know, pretty corny. But that’s just the way my mind works.
The Pack Meeting was good last night. Any scout that helped sell popcorn during Field Day got a set of axels to build a Lego Pinewood Derby car. Sweet! I mean, really, how cool is that? They’ll have a separate race just for the cars made with Legos. I can’t wait to see what they all come up with.
With Seth starting Math 65, he will be using the first Saxon math book I ever got. Alisha, Laura, and Joanna all used this book. Since Daniel went into public school in 4th grade, he never got to it. Still, it has seen a lot of use and has moved with us from California to New Mexico to Idaho to Massachusetts. One of The Home Study Packet books, which includes masters for copying for various manipulatives and fractions, facts practice forms, and all the tests, has lost its cover but it otherwise intact. The other, which includes all the answers to facts practices, tests, and problem sets, lost its cover at one point as well but it got packing taped back on. What fun and adventures we have had.
Now I need to go get ready to go.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment