Thursday, September 4, 2014

Is

Good morning! So far, so good.
The fun has begun. Soccer practice two nights a week. Church one night a week. Scouts at least two nights a week. Conflicting schedules and chores and fun, fun, fun!
Currently, Seth and Joseph are taking the goats out. ALL of the goats. Yesterday Goldilocks and Snowflake didn’t seem too inclined to follow Cedric out so they didn’t get staked out. I told the boys this morning that they ALL need to be attached. Cedric is at school with his locker. More about that later. Amena is at school. Laura is in the shower. Paul is stirring.
This is the plate when Seth was done being creative with the paint Joseph used for primary and secondary colors.

This year, Cedric’s class has been making lockers for the classroom. It’s been kind of a fun activity from the sounds of it. He said that Ryan’s is pretty cool; his dad does a lot of woodwork and used pinewood. Because of this, he couldn’t paint his? I’m curious about that; must be the cut or something. Cedric’s is made out of pine as well and we painted it. I think it was Monday that we cut it all out and put it together. I had to get nails and hardware from Aubuchon’s because I didn’t feel like taking the time to go through the entire contents of the basement to find what we needed. I spent more than I wanted to but not by much so I was happy. It got one coat of paint Monday night and I was hoping that the wood would dry out some because the door was really hard to open but it was so humid out I really wondered if it ever would.
A kitten picture taken by Joseph.

Tuesday morning I gave it another coat of paint but not a very good one because the paint ran out. It was so wet I had to dry it off before I could paint it and once it was dry, it had some white blotches all over the place. I thought it would be good to get some paint in a can and brush it but when I went out searching for paint, there wasn’t much to be had in cans other than bases and I didn’t want to take the time to have one colored. So I got another can of spray paint. Tuesday it got an additional coat or two of paint.
It's blooming!

Yesterday I got a wooden knob for a handle and Cedric asked Laura to paint a Monster ‘M’ on the door. The locker got a last coat of paint yesterday; Laura painted the ‘M’ this morning and I put the handle on when she was done. Then it got some touch up paint in a few areas. I think by the time it was done, it looked pretty good. I was in the shower when Laura took Cedric and his locker to school but I instructed them to get a picture of Cedric with it first. Looks like they did. I’ll see about getting the pictures uploaded before I get this posted.
Cedric and his locker.

Home school has been going pretty well so far. It’s amazing how much easier it is to do two than it was to do four. Yesterday Joseph said, “Awwww, I want to do more math!” Seth still doesn’t like math but is doing well thus far. I know that less than a week really is not an indicator of how the whole year will go but still, it is off to a good start.

Today has the potential to be busy (heh, what day doesn’t?) so I will be off for now. Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment