Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Time

Good morning! So far, it looks pretty nice although I’m sure the humidity is off the charts. Just a slight breeze, no clouds that I can see, 55°, and I was right about the humidity: 91%. Yuck. Supposed to get up to 81° which is warmer than I would personally like but as long as it does not get any warmer, we’ll be okay.
I got Amena’s lunch together and Cedric’s partially done. Everything is ready to go out and milk. I put a load of laundry on to wash, another on to dry. And I had a few minutes so I thought I would get some words in here.
Seth and his very large balloon. He and Joseph learned that if balloons are that large, they pop very easily.

Last night Cedric and Seth had scouts. It was the last regular meeting of the year and Seth managed to forget his book. We’ll be able to get it next week as long as we don’t forget. Anyway, the bugs were awful so I had to have all the windows shut although I did open the sunroof just a crack and that was okay. When it rained, I had to close that as well anyway. In spite of talking to both Diane and Laura, I managed to get out over 2,000 (2,875 to be specific) words which was pretty awesomely cool.
And right now it’s 6:00 so this is an indication of what I can get done if five minutes. Sometimes it’s easier when I’m making things up, sometimes it isn’t.
And right now I’ll be off to milk. Seth and Joseph have doctor’s appointments this morning so I’ll be back here if I have time.
It looks like I have time while I’m eating. We currently have more milk than we really can deal with since we’ve got three people who basically won’t use goat milk. I don’t know why Paul won’t but if he won’t he then gives fuel to Amena and Cedric. Parents really do need to teach and lead by example.
Fresh, just salted Farmer's cheese.

Other than doctor’s appointments this morning, I have an IEP meeting at school about Cedric. Then those of us at home were planning on a picnic for lunch. Given that the IEP meeting is at 11:00, I’m not sure how that is going to work out.
I put another load of laundry on to dry and another on to wash. The one in the drier has what I want to wear today. Amena did miss the bus but she was basically ready and just didn’t know it was here. We took off and caught up before it got to Jeppson’s which was nice because I was back home by 6:35. I even managed to get all the dishes done with the exceptions of milking stuff (which I like to wash with bleach) and the pot I used for making cheese yesterday which needs to soak.
Yesterday I thought Cedric wanted to go to West’s after school but I went to take a nap and kind of forgot until 3:00. Amen needed to go to Walmart and I needed to go to Staples so we waited until Cedric got home when he said he’d actually wanted to go to West’s today. So Amena and I went. All I needed was the mat under the rotary cutter on my paper cutter which I bought at Staples and which I have always bought the mats at Staples. Well, guess what? They don’t have them in store any longer. They don’t appear to have them online any longer either. I can get them from other places online but unless Joann’s had some in store, I’d have to order and that would take too long. So I looked critically at mine and decided there was one side of one side that was almost good enough so I used it.
I cut all the sheets of gift certificates in half and got maybe one third of the way through cutting those in thirds. My goal is to have them done and ready to mail today. I really wanted to have them done yesterday but that didn’t happen. Might have if I’d have gone to Staples earlier to find out they didn’t have the mat I needed. Such is life.

Right now I’m going to go shower and get ready to go. If I get back in time to add more, that’s great, if not, I’ll just post this sometime later.

No comments:

Post a Comment