Friday, June 19, 2015

Life Just Keeps on Happening

Good morning! It is cloudy and 61° with 91% humidity. I really like the temperature. You can probably guess what I’d like to do with the humidity.
It’s been a busy week. Lots of soaping going on.  Monday I cut Pacado and poured Holiday Spice, Tea Tree Shampoo, Outrageous Grapefruit Bars, and chunks for Creamy Honey Oat Bars and did phase 1 of some Berry Bayberry liquid soap. Tuesday I’d intended to cut those poured Monday but they weren’t ready because I actually got them done in the afternoon. I did get phase 2 of the Berry Bayberry done and it’s a good thing that I was okay not getting anything else done because we got to watch María in the afternoon.
This frog traveled all the way from Gardner to home on the hood of the truck with Paul last Saturday (the 13th). Long trip for a little frog. I hope he adjusts well to his new life in Hubbardston. 

At 1:00 I went to pick María up and take Elizabeth to work. We came home and just generally had fun. María was pretty content for the most part. She ate almost a whole jar of food and had some water and had two poopy diapers. One of them was not long after we got home. The other was just before I went out to milk. Cedric said, “Mom, I think she has a poopy diaper.”
I said, “I’ll take care of it when I’m done milking.”
Sure enough, I’m not sure if he heard her do it or could smell it, but she had a second one.
Before that, María and Seth went with me to pick Amena up from Nick’s. She fell asleep on the way and slept all the way there. She woke up once we got there and was awake all the way home.
We left to take her home a little after 7:00. Seth and Joseph wanted to go with us because they think she’s so cute. We stopped again at Burger King for milk shakes and took the long way and got to where Elizabeth works about five minutes early.
This turkey was in our front yard Monday. There must have been another female somewhere with all the babies because this one didn't have any with her.

Wednesday I cut the soaps that got poured Monday and went to the temple with the Petzold’s. That was a much needed break from everyday life. Joseph and Seth stayed with Joanna and they watched movies all day. We stopped at Arisu for a late lunch/early dinner on the way home which was nice. The hot chicken dish that I often have seemed hotter than normal which was nice until yesterday when it was coming out.
Wednesday evening Seth and Cedric had a Court of Honor. It was nice. The only problem was that I was going to actually make cookies for it but didn’t have time. Still, Seth got his Tote ‘n Chip and earned his Scout rank. Cedric was elected Assistant Patrol Leader. He only has one requirement before he earns his 1st Class rank so the Court of Honor in September will be a good one. Especially since that will be after Camp Wanocksett and a couple of boys I know should earn some merit badges while there.
Seth just got his Scout rank here. The boy is growing. I sure wish he'd learn to tuck his shirt in. (I didn't have my camera or my phone so I had to 'borrow' this picture from Facebook and didn't get any of Cedric.)

Yesterday I poured Creamy Honey Oat Bars, Rose Petal Cream, Calendula Cream and the grass for LemonGrass and the chunks for Joanna’s Huckleberry Bars. Also I did phase 1 for Clearly Citrus liquid soap. That was pretty much my day yesterday.
Except for lunch. We had a fire in the goat pen and cooked sausages over it for lunch. Then we had s’more’s. And the sisters were here for lunch. I’m not sure they enjoyed running from the smoke but the sausages were good and the s’more’s even were (I don’t like marshmallows).
And then Julia invited us over for pizza but I didn’t get the message before I made smoothies for dinner so I’m the only one who went. The sisters were there as were the Petzold’s and Bethany and her girls. That was nice even though I was there longer than I anticipated and Paul tried calling eleven (11) times. My phone was in the house, I was outside. When I went in as I was leaving, my phone told me that I had all these calls and then died. Amena had sent a message as well saying that Paul said I needed to get home. I didn’t know what the deal was then but now I do. He wanted to go pick up the Jetta. Joanna and I took it to be looked at when she got off work and Paul did say we’d go pick it up either last night or this morning. I guess I’m in the habit of being home all the time. Anyway, I can imagine that he needed to eat, I wasn’t home when I usually am, and he wanted to do something.
During pizza, Brother Petzold said something about kids and I said, “Baaaa baaaa.”
Sister Garcia started laughing and Sister Riggs thought it was something she was doing. We had a good laugh.
Today I would like to get phase 2 of Clearly Citrus done as well as some lotion. Other than that, I need to make some cinnamon rolls and bread for the auction tomorrow evening. I need to get some of that done today because if I wait for tomorrow, I won’t have time due to the bottle and can drive in the morning that Joseph and I will be at from 8 to 10.
And that’s about the size of everything.
I was going to say that people are silly when I started but thought that I’d get all the stuff out of the way about what we’ve been doing and now I don’t remember what I was going to say about silly people. It was relating to something I saw on Facebook but I didn’t find it just now looking so I guess you’ll just have to guess. Although I can tell you Paul is pretty silly. He was asleep last night when I went to bed at 10:30; he usually doesn’t even go to bed until after I’m asleep. He is still in bed now when I’ve been up since 5:30. He was up later than usual Wednesday night doing some online training for scouts so I guess that is why the early to bed last night.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment