Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Another One of Those Days

Good morning. I don’t have a lot of time for a big post here but maybe something is better than nothing.
Yesterday was a crazy day. Crazy busy. Today should be busy as well but hopefully not as crazy.
I accomplished all but two things on my list but added one that I hadn’t been planning on so I think it all balances out somewhat.
I’ve been working on cleaning the kitchen. For a deep clean I usually start in the living room and by the time I get to the kitchen, I’ve had it. So this time I decided to start in the kitchen. Because I love cleaning a nasty dirty kitchen so much, I’m taking it in sections. The refrigerator the first day. The inside of the oven and the section between the stove and refrigerator as well as the washer and dryer the second day. The outside of the stove and that section the third day. The corner between the stove and the sink yesterday. Today is the sink section day and I’ve got a sink full of bleach water soaking right now. It’ll be time to take care of it in a few minutes and fill up the other side. This process will take a few days, but at least it will be done and then I can move on to other rooms. And the good thing about the other rooms is that they aren’t covered with greasy nastiness. At least not to the degree the kitchen is/was.
The clean part of the kitchen. Never mind the walls; they need to be finished. So does the ceiling. And you see a corner of the sink and it isn't clean in this picture. Well, it's clean, but not the cupboard underneath or the light above or the window. Can you imagine washing dishes in a dirty sink? Yuck!

Yesterday I got Laura’s and Amena’s dresses for the wedding cut out minus the black belts. Today I’m going to get them all marked and perhaps start sewing. Tomorrow I’ll be measuring Joanna’s third bridesmaid, I think her name is Katie, and then I’ll get her dress cut out.
The craziness of yesterday didn’t begin until almost 3:30. Until that time I’d just been busy doing everything that needed to be done. Then I got two gallons of milk ready to go. A woman in New Hampshire makes her own formula for her baby from goat milk. We’re trading milk for canned peaches and apple sauce. In my book, that’s a win/win because I honestly don’t know when I’d have time to get any apple sauce done and peach time is about done; close enough to done that I know I don’t have time to add canning a few boxes of them.
I needed to leave at 3:30 to get Cedric from cross country practice in order to be at the Walmart parking lot in Lunenburg at 5:00. With that in mind, I got the milk ready to go with ice so I could just take it with me and Cedric and I could go straight to Lunenburg. Well, rather than being done at 4:00, it was about 4:20 before he was done. Then, I had to pee so bad that we had to stop at home. Then we took off and had we left Barre at 4:00, the traffic might have been better but getting there at 5:00 was disastrous. We didn’t get to Lunenburg until 5:20.
Then we went to Payless for shoes but Cedric wasn’t impressed with anything they had there for running. I didn’t really expect to find anything but was hoping. Next was Marshall’s where they had a decent selection for running. The biggest problem is that Cedric’s feet seem to be a popular size right now at 9 ½ so there were two or three he liked but couldn’t even try on because there weren’t any in his size. There were three others he liked the looks of and one that he really liked when he tried them on.
Then home and dinner (macaroni and cheese for children that Amena had to finish making; another bagel for me) and off to a Cub Scout meeting. Then home and shoo all children to bed and make a new list of things to do and brush teeth and stretch and go to bed and read for a few minutes.
Yeah. Fun times.
This morning I got a text fourteen minutes after the bus left with Amena and Cedric. (Amena hasn’t missed the bus yet, knock on wood.) “I forgot the bag with the boston redsocks logo, in the bag is the shorts that im supposed to give back and my running shoes.” Well, yeah, I can take them. But not right now. Are you kidding me? I like to allow half an hour to get to Barre, especially in the morning when people are getting to school and in the afternoon when they are leaving. So, no, I don’t have time to take an extra hour out of my day to take this bag to school. I can, however, take my book with me to read and go in time to get it there when school gets out before practice.
Yeah. More fun times.
Before I sign off, I want to share what Cedric told me about cross country. He really wanted to make the soccer team because he loves playing soccer. Monday for cross country practice he had to run a mile so he could be placed in the correct group for practices and that was pretty easy. Yesterday he had to actually run on the trails they have for running and he said that was another experience altogether. He said there are hills and one hill has a sandy section. He said it was hard work and he had to stop and walk a couple of times and had to stop and pee once. There were times when he tried to think of ways to get out of running but at the same time he wanted to finish. Soccer, he informs me, is fun but not challenging. Running cross country is fun and very challenging. At the end, he says, you are suffused with a feeling of pride and accomplishment. And, in his opinion, the coaches are really good (he liked the soccer coach, too) and funny and you get a sense of family. And I guess Jacob Halfrey’s dad is going to be an assistant cross country coach. That’s nice; Cedric likes him and they know each other pretty well from soccer. There are times it’s just such a wonderful thing to know your child is growing up and turning into a wonderful person.

Have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment