Friday, September 4, 2015

Going to be One of Those Days

Good morning. Actually, it is a nice morning, 62° with an expected high of 73°. Humidity currently at 75%, which does leave much to be desired, and we have zero percent chance of precipitation. Humidity is easier to deal with when the temperatures are moderate: not too hot, not too cold. Like right now. Otherwise, no thanks.
Yesterday was an okay day. A couple things on my list got marked off which made the day a little easier and a couple of things didn’t get finished but it was still okay.
Until I wanted to go to bed. I was so tired. I could have easily fallen asleep in my chair. So I went to bed. I read an Isaiah chapter and an Alma chapter and thought I’d go right to sleep. Ha. Ha. Ha. I started coughing. So I started watching an episode of NCIS. I coughed more. I tried raising the head of the bed. Still coughing. So I got up, did a little laundry, thought maybe I could read a little of The Developing Human but that really takes some concentration so I watched more NCIS. I took an allergy pill. Finally, I felt like I was tired enough to fall asleep so I tried bed again. With the head WAY up. And my alarm set for 6:00. It worked. I got up a couple of minutes before six to use the bathroom and my alarm went off as I was walking back in the room. I was still tired so I figured I could go back to bed for a few minutes, at least. I put the head down and think I may have fallen back asleep but the opening and closing of the door. I finally got up at 6:32 and milked the goats.
And then I strained the milk and put it away and decided to eat an apple and now here I am. Seth and Joseph are in the living room playing with LEGOs. Cedric, Amena, and Paul are, no surprise, still abed. Most likely still asleep.
I need to go move goat stakes. And work on my list. And a nap would sure be nice. And I wonder what kind of day we are going to have.
Seth said, “Where’s the butter?”
He obviously did not listen to my response of, “I don’t know. Maybe in the refrigerator,” because he said, “Mom! Where’s the butter?”
“Well,” I started, “If you don’t see it, there probably isn’t any out so you should look in the refrigerator.”
Why is it around here that we take one very cursory glance and then start yelling at other people because we can’t find whatever it is we are looking for? And, yes, I’m overgeneralizing. Get over it.
Then, Cedric comes downstairs. “Is Joanna coming over today?”
“I don’t know.”
“Does she work today?”
“I don’t know,” just slips out unbidden. “No. She does have a doctor’s appointment.”
“What time?”
“How would I know? She doesn’t live with us and I have no need to know what she’s doing and when she’s doing it!”
“I didn’t say you did.”
Good grief. And there’s no school today.

Buenos días.

No comments:

Post a Comment