Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tragic Day


Good morning, one and all! It is currently a beautiful day outside here (at least looking at it from the inside).
What a day yesterday, eh? I have always thought that runners of marathons were crazy. Currently I am glad that I have never wanted to go to the Boston Marathon for any reason ever. I mean, really, too many people, too many traffic issues, etc. I haven’t looked at the news yet today but last night they were admitting to three dead and over 100 injured. Paul is familiar with that part of Boston and said after watching video of the explosions he has a hard time believing the death toll isn’t much higher. My heart goes out to the families of those who died and those who were injured and their families. It brings back all the emotions of learning Daniel was gone with a vengeance and I feel great relief and gratitude that those I know who were in Boston are safe.
Laura said that one of the guys she works with was worried because his boyfriend was at the marathon. The grandmother of another coworker always goes to the finish line to cheer the runners on but decided the day before not to go this year. His aunt and uncle went instead but left before the explosions. My favorite story that I’ve heard so far is one of a Rhode Island police officer (or maybe firefighter—I don’t recall which) who had just crossed the finish line when the explosions happened. He just went to work putting tourniquets on people. Small and simple things but they add up.
Yesterday I managed to finish the first part of the online homework for accounting. It was pretty easy but really emphasized the fact that I wish I’d’ve had this class before taking Strategic Management because the information in this particular chapter I could really have used for the Capsim simulation we’re doing (and have the last round Thursday). Ah well, such is life.
Cedric and Seth had soccer practice yesterday as well.
Today I got my biking and Pilates done and decided since I don’t have class that I would write something to keep you all somewhat entertained before I move on to do all the things on my list for the day. It isn’t a huge list which is good because we are feeding the missionaries tonight (we’re having lentil soup with salami sausage) and I have a Skype interview with Birthwise Midwifery School at 1:00. I was really hoping Joanna or Laura would have today off so that I could go to Maine for the interview but I guess I’ll have to do with second best.
In the meantime, enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment