Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fool's


Saturday
March 30, 2013
9:44 am
Good morning! It is another beautiful day outside this morning. The sun is shining, the temperature is moderate, the geese are flying by overhead. There is an egg hunt at Hubbardston Center School at 11:00. Amena is supposed to be there at 10:00 to help hide the eggs because she is too old to hunt this year and the Girl Scouts are hiding. Normally, it would be at the rec field but due to the snow, that just really won’t work. I am writing until Amena is ready to go.
Yesterday was a decent day. I sort of forgot about going to kindergarten so I ended up getting things done instead. My appointment with the chiropractor was good. My hips are staying aligned so I don’t go back for three weeks. I’m sure the biking and Pilates and other stretches have something to do with that.
I accomplished everything on my list which was nice and provided an interesting story. I needed to call the doctor for albuterol inhalers for me and Amena. I did this and the woman at the doctor’s office said something to the effect of, “You want to pick these up at CVS?” I said, “Yes.” A while later, the phone rang but I was busy doing something like getting dressed so Laura took the call. It was CVS letting us know that AmenaB’s prescription was ready. At the Lakeville CVS. That is an hour and a half away from here. What the heck!?! I called them and explained the situation and was told to call our local CVS and they would take care of transferring it. Holy crud! Where the heck does the doctor’s office think we live, anyway?
So, today, I’ll stop by the CVS in GARDNER and see if it is ready because they never called us. I’ll check on mine as well because they never called about that either.
Amena’s ready so I’ll be back later.

Notice the cute Joseph chillin' on the rock.
These rocks are all part of an old foundation.

Monday
April 1, 2013
6:54 am
You know, I’ve always liked the idea of April Fool’s jokes but I’ve never really liked actually pulling them. It might be because the best ones I think of are not nice and I really don’t like to be mean on purpose. And to do anything like color the milk green, I’d have to do it the night before because Amena and Cedric are usually downstairs eating before I get up. Therefore, no April Fool’s jokes unless I think of something between now and the time the kids get home from school.
Well, it is a good thing I didn’t say how much later it would be before I got back, isn’t it? We went out to get in the red car and Paul got in the van and wanted to know what we were doing. So we all (sans Laura who was already at work and Joanna who was getting ready for work) went to the school and dropped Amena off and then the rest of us drove out to Barre Falls Dam. Some of you may have seen the pictures I posted on Facebook. I’ll post them on the blog as well along with one other. Grandma, I think I need to get some pictures done up for you like I did that one year for Christmas or print the blogs again—it’s been a while. We decided that we need to go back for a picnic some Sunday after church once the snow is at least mostly gone. With the weather we had yesterday and what we are expecting today (in the high 40’s-low 50’s with rain in the afternoon) it shouldn’t last long.
On the agenda for today is an accounting test. I told Dr. Greenwood that I might be late today to class. We’re just doing an online quiz (if the class as a whole gets all the questions right, everyone who is there that day gets a 100) and since I’ve done them all and gotten 100 on each, I don’t really need the help for this. I do want to get there toward the end of class so I can see how our group is doing on our presentation for Wednesday. Also, there is a PTK meeting at 12:30 that I’d like to go to.
Other than that, I will most likely work on my Pitcherville Soap, Co., stuff and read the next chapter for Accounting and probably Economics. And this evening, Seth has a meeting in Barre with his soccer coach and Cedric has a practice at Roach field, wherever that is. Hopefully Laura will be able to help with Cedric because I’d like to go meet Seth’s coach.
So, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment