Saturday, May 18, 2013

Good Morning!


Snowflake is milked; the dogs have been out for their morning romp and I have thus far detected no messes in the house. Everyone else is at least in bed, most still asleep. This is good. I was thinking about going back to bed myself but decided to do this first which probably means I won’t be going back to bed.
Today Cedric has a game at 4:30. I don’t remember where it is but I do remember it is somewhere we’ve not been so I’m going to have to find directions in order to have an idea of how long it takes to get there. Seth has a game Monday evening in North Brookfield. It isn’t far from where our friends, Jim and Karen Dusty, live so maybe one or both of them might be able to come. Seth’s first game of the season was cancelled because the field had ice on it still and a couple of days ago I got an email with the potential date of this Sunday. The coaches wanted to know yea or nay as to if each player would be able to make it so I replied nay
We got a package from Becky and Jay yesterday. There is a candle made from beeswax in the shape of a dragon and a bottle of dragon sauce and a couple packets of dragon tongue beans for planting (do you detect a theme here?). Also some honey sticks which we hadn’t had since we left Idaho and Twizzlers. I can live without the Twizzlers but the kids love them. And some $$$ to get something for Daniel’s grave. The plan was and still is roses so now the hunt will begin to find the perfect ones. We need blue and/or black and/or red.
School is over for me for the semester. Indeed, for the school. There still are some classes I wouldn’t have minded taking but it takes money and that is in short supply so I don’t think it will be happening anytime soon. Having been accepted to Birthwise Midwifery School, the goal now is to make it happen. I do qualify for financial aid still but a good portion of it is in the form of loans and I really would like to avoid that if possible. That being the case, finding a part-time phlebotomy job is on the agenda as is getting soap going. It is Farmer’s Market season and it is time to start visiting them so I can decide which ones I would like to sell at. I would like to do three a week I think. Until the boys are done with soccer, Saturday won’t be a good day for it but I can still scope some out. Depending on when, and where, games are next week I might go to Amherst and visit that one. In the meantime, I need to review which others are on Saturday.
School is not over for my Hubbardston Center School students. They have another month or so. Because we had so many snow days this year it will probably be the third week of June before they are out. That really does not leave much time for summer because it starts again the last week of August. Because I am out but they are in, I can go volunteer whatever day I want in kindergarten EXCEPT this week.
This week I have to meet with an attorney at the site of our accident in December of 2011. A woman is suing us for her medical bills (which is dumb because she has MassHealth so her bills all should have been paid—this leads me to believe that she just wants an easy $200,000 [she’s suing for $300,000 but you know the attorney gets 30%]). It appears that they’ve pretty much decided that I am at fault which is annoying because of course I do not agree. I guess that’s why I’m meeting with the attorney we’re dealing with at the accident scene. That should be interesting. Then, Thursday, I have a deposition. I think Paul does too but at this point, it’s a little unclear. I’m not looking forward to that because it’s at the office of the other attorney and, quite frankly, well, I’ll keep my opinions to myself for now and let you know later what I think and if I was right.
Right now, having spent 24 minutes typing and thinking about what I was going to type, I am going to wish you a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment