Sunday, May 19, 2013

Good Morning!


Good morning! This will be short, I think, because there is much to be done this morning and only so long to accomplish it.
Cedric’s game yesterday was very good in spite of the fact that they lost 3 to 1. The fact that they got one point is something of an accomplishment as is the fact that they held the other team to three. At game time, there were only three players. Five minutes later there were only five players and the game began. The other team was happy that at that point our team was legal and could play the game and that they could put a full eight players on the field. One more boy finally arrived about 15 minutes into the game which was nice because the coach was then able to have a substitute. The boys on Cedric’s team were clearly tired for the second half because they’d been running so much but they did very well.
Sarah Trivett came over yesterday afternoon because her parents were going to Stake Conference in Ludlow. I couldn’t go because of Cedric’s game. Paul needed to be home for the rest of the kids (and you may recall that he doesn’t like going to Ludlow anyway). Joanna worked and Laura didn’t get off in time to go with the Carmack’s and didn’t have enough time to arrange another way down because she was working.
Currently, I think we’ve got a bunch of kids with allergies. They’ve got the nose, breathing, and coughing going on but they obviously are not sick. I’ve got the nose thing going on as well. I have some allergy stuff for kids I need to have them start taking. I am avoiding it because antihistamines tend to dry my whole body out rather than just the nasal area (which is what they’re supposed to do, by the way, since histamines work throughout the body) and I now know what ibuprofen does so I really just want to avoid everything like that.
I am going to do some baked fried chicken and potato salad for us to take on a picnic after church. If there is time, I am going to also make a strawberry-rhubarb cobbler. It is Stake Conference today but a first-time occurrence is happening today and it is being broadcast to the Gardner building. That is incredibly convenient because Gardner is only 15 minutes away as opposed to Ludlow at about 75 minutes away.
And that’s all she wrote for now. I hope you all have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment