Sunday, May 26, 2013

Not Your Typical May Day

Good morning. I’m attempting to convince myself. I do not know who did it but yesterday afternoon one of my lovely children, and it had to have been Seth or his friend, let the kids out of the crate and in with their mother. Because they’d spent the night with her, I wasn’t able to get any milk yesterday morning so I had them put the kids in the crate during the day so I could milk in the evening. I went out to milk and discovered that there were no kids in the crate. Grrrrrrr!!!!! Cedric went out after supper and put them in the crate and I just came in from milking. They really like their grass; milk production is always down when they’ve been in even when they get hay and snacks.
Outside it is grey and overcast. I don’t mind that too much. The temperature is about 39° currently here and it looks like Bonners Ferry, ID, is the same. Yreka, CA, is 53° and it looks like overcast according to the computer. Dublin, Ireland, and Paris, France, are both sunny and 55°. I’m not sure that recommends them to me today.
Yesterday Amena got home around six. Riley’s mom came and got him between two and three. Paul was gone with Cedric and Joseph so Seth had the temerity to be bored a couple of times. That didn’t last because there is ALWAYS something to do around here. He got to help me clean and rearrange a bit in the back room (I’m not sure how two boys could make such a mess [albeit with help from two other boys so that most likely had something to do with it] but they did), the living room, and my bedroom. One of my lovely children took all the paper backings off a whole package of felt thing to put on the legs of furniture so the floor doesn’t get all scratched up. Lucky for them all the paper was behind the piano so I was able to resurrect everything. Not only did they take the paper backings off, they stuck them to the piano and made little piles with them. The other wonderful thing they did yesterday is get into my soap stuff and open my jar of pink powder that I use for coloring soap. I was wondering where on earth they got chalk because it looked like chalk dust. Then I followed the trail and discovered what it was. Joseph was the culprit that time and admitted he’d done it but said it was an accident. Those jars don’t open on accident so. . . . .
I found the paper I’d been hoping to find in my room which is one of the reasons I attacked it yesterday. Most syllabi or syllabuses say in them that the instructor reserves the right to make changes to the document. This one does not say that. It does say, “This is a Pass/No Pass course.” And “The clinical faculty is responsible for completing all Objectives checklists, reviewing them with the student and returning them to the Faculty Instructor who will make up the final evaluation.” To me, these statements indicate one: that I should not have gotten a B. If letter grades were given, they should have been A and F meaning pass or fail. Two: the Objectives Checklist should have been filled out and then I should have reviewed it. I was instructed to sign the document because my preceptor was not there that day. Had she been there and given me all 3’s, I would not have signed it. What do I plan to do now? Complain to someone. My first step will be to talk to my advisor and then I will determine an appropriate second step.
In this whole ordeal my greatest fear is that by complaining I will jeopardize my chances of being employed at Heywood because the instructor is the manager of a component of the lab which phlebotomy is also a component of. She might not like that I’m not satisfied and might curtail any attempts I make at finding employment there. On the other hand, perhaps she will find my temerity attractive and something to be desired in a phlebotomist. In reality, I don’t really know how much say she has in who is hired and who is not.

And now I must be on with things. Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment