Friday, May 24, 2013

Rain and Bugs


Good morning! Yesterday we had rain much of the day and rain is on the agenda for today as well. At least it’s knocking the pollen counts down and providing some much needed water.
The full moon is approaching. In spite of our constant cloud cover the past couple of days it is obvious based on behavior that we have a full moon tomorrow. It’s amazing how these things work.
Well, in other news, I had the dubious pleasure of driving to Boston yesterday in the rain. It wasn’t bad, actually, because I was driving the Jetta and I had my phone with me so I wouldn’t get lost. I went to look at and test drive a 2000 VW Beetle. It’s red and it’s a really good price and a really good deal. Driving it is a lot like driving the Jetta. Today I have the dubious pleasure of going to Boston with Devon, Paul’s friend who works at a Whole Foods Market in Boston, so I can pay for and drive home the 2000VW Beetle. I’m sure it will still be red and a good price and a good deal. The PROblem with this is that I’ll be missing Seth and Joseph’s concert this afternoon and I won’t be able to bring them and Seth’s friend Riley home after the concert. This is Seth’s last K-3 concert. Such is life I suppose. I guess I should get used to it as I want to be a midwife and midwives attend births no matter when they happen or what they might miss because of it. In fact, the reason I’m going to get the bug is because Paul wanted me to have a car that will be dependable for getting me to Maine over the next couple of years.
Now I need to eat some breakfast and shower so that Laura and I can go pick up the red Prizm if it starts or at least the plates if it doesn’t start. Then she’ll drop me off at Devon’s on her way to work and my fun will have begun. Going in to Boston with Devon should be interesting; he is from Jamaica and drives a Prius (no comments today on ‘green’ cars).
So, have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment