Monday, June 16, 2014

Bridge


From Friday:
Good morning! It is quite likely that I will not get this posted this morning but I thought I’d get something written while I’m eating breakfast.
Twenty-eight years ago, I graduated from McCloud High School. Just like today, it was a Friday, the 13th. What an interesting assortment of events have transpired since that day. Today, my cousin David’s son Skylar will graduate from high school. That’s pretty cool. I’m sure there are many others graduating from high school today as well but I don’t know them so they don’t count quite like family.
Yesterday I was finally bit by the sewing bug. This is a very good thing since I’m making a wedding dress. I have plenty of time but each day that passes with nothing accomplished is one less day to work on it. Yesterday I cut out pattern pieces and began combining and altering. It is a process I enjoy—taking patterns, changing and adding and taking away from them and making something completely new. Today, depending on how the morning goes, I’ll hopefully get the bodice cut out and maybe even begin construction of the mock up.
 And today:
Good morning! It is a beautiful day out! And I do mean that. In spite of the fact that there is still pollen in the air and that it is going to get up to 80° which is the limit for me to think it is tolerable out. Still, after several days of mostly rain and clouds, the sun is nice. I would like to send some of the rain to points west that are in need of it. There is more than enough to share.
I did not get the mock up begun Friday but I did get the pattern pieces finished and ready to go. Saturday I did get the mock up done. That was pretty cool. However, I completely forgot about calling in to the hospital before 3:00 and sometime after 5:00 I got a call so I wasn’t home when Kim and Adam stopped by for her to try it out.
Joseph went to a birthday party Friday afternoon and had a lot of fun. He was going to be grumpy about having to leave and kept throwing ultimatums at me but I really don’t go for that and he stopped before we left.
Cedric and Paul went to church for all the activities that were going on there. Paul cut lots of trees and brush in front of the church along the highway and road. I’m not sure what Cedric did but the Young Men were having a pancake breakfast and yard sale to raise money for camp. I never did hear how they did with that.
Church was good yesterday. Brock Miller spoke and I enjoyed his talk very much. He had a trying childhood and is obviously very happy to be a father. Their baby means the world to him. Megan Bell also spoke and also did a good job. She’ll be leaving soon for basic training and won’t be back for a few months so she wants to do the Family History fireside when she gets back. I think that is a good idea.
It being Father’s Day, I had made ginger ice-cream for Paul Saturday. I hope it turned out gingery enough.
This morning the boys all wanted to wear some of Paul’s hats because it’s crazy hat day at school. I think Joseph ended up wearing the helmet that Laura was working on a million years ago. Cedric has a hat that can be worn with a crown on the outside or a frog. Seth had on a dinosaur head. I think they all have crazy enough hats to qualify. I did get some pictures by the battery in the camera died so I can’t transfer them to the computer yet.
Also this morning I finally got to use the sprayer and vinegar in the garden. I took one before picture and attempted more but that’s when the battery decided it had had enough and wasn’t going to let me take any more. I added the dish soap and I did add the Epsom salt. I don’t think I used enough to forever change the pH in the garden soil but I guess we’ll find out when I get something planted out there, won’t we? I’m pretty sure that I’ll have to do another spray or two, especially in some areas, because the weeds are so tall and/or thick. Still, something will happen. I used plain vinegar a couple of years ago on one little section of grass by the garden wall and it worked. It didn’t work very well because I was using a watering can but it worked well enough that I know it will work. And I think using a sprayer will be better because you get better all-over coverage.  Anyway, I’ll get some pictures later today and hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow that I can do another pass in the morning. I used up five and a half gallons of vinegar which filled the sprayer up three times and covered at least most of the garden at least once. Compare that to using about six gallons and covering an area about four feet by eighteen inches.
The amazing thing about going out is that I went out and did the first sprayer full and came back in. Filled up, went back out. Filled up, went back out. I only had to blow my nose once and my eyes had just started bothering me when I was done with the last one. I came in and took a shower and I’m feeling pretty good. No itchy eyes, a slightly plugged nose but not annoyingly irritated nose and sinuses.
Now I am going to be off for now. Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment