Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Goats and Rain and Books (all in just 314 words)

Good morning! Cedric sad to me this morning, “Should I take the goats out or give them hay?” I looked outside and saw that it had rained during the night and saw the clouds covering the sky and thought of the weather report I’d seen yesterday.
“I’d say you can take them hay. They need three good armsful or two really big ones.” And he did. He did that while I was milking and then I watered while he took out the last armful and it was done.
There is a half day of school today which is interesting because I just got a letter from the middle school principal saying that there would be no more half days this year. I think maybe she was talking about the fact that the middle school will not have any early releases corresponding with high school finals this year like there have been in the past.
This is going to be short just because I took the time to finish the Tales of a Midwife before getting to this. Good book. I know I mentioned that I had a hard time getting into it but once I was beyond that, it was quite good. During the last half I really didn’t want to put it down. If I’m reading it right, Maria Anderson is less than a year older than I. She didn’t have her first child until she was 37 and her second at 39. I had Joseph when I was 39. The difference is that she went to school and began her midwifery career before marrying and having children; I married and had children before beginning a midwifery career. At the end she talks about how it was to be pregnant and give birth after having assisted so many births and given so much advice on what to do.
And that is all for today.

Have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment