Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Maidin mhaithe!

From last night:
Good evening. I thought I would get an early start on whatever I happen to say for tomorrow. Yeah, that’s what I’ll tell myself. Actually, I just went over Laura’s prologue for her next book and made some comments and I opened up the first chapter and I find that I’m not really in a reading mode. This is not a good thing because I’m sitting waiting for Cedric at scouts and it won’t be over until about 8:30 and all I have with me to do is my lap top and my knitting. It’s hard to knit out here when there isn’t really sufficient light and I don’t want to go inside. It would be warmer and there would be more than enough light, but it would also be much louder and I really am not in the mood for that, either. So, here I am, writing for tomorrow. I might move and work on something else, time will tell.
The yarn for Joseph's socks. They are actually almost read to turn the heels.
Last Friday the boys didn’t do any school work, as I mentioned last time. Yesterday I began getting lesson plans ready for this and next week (so I’ll be all done until after Christmas) and today I finally finished. The fun part is that each day they each need to do an extra lesson of something in order to be all caught up with what they missed Friday. That wouldn’t be too bad if today hadn’t also been a two hour delay day for Quabbin Regional School District. And even then it wouldn’t  have been awful if Amena hadn’t missed the bus. How the heck she did that is beyond my comprehension. She had an extra two hours for goodness sake. Sigh. Children. I was going to let the boys have an hour delay but they ended up having an hour and a half delay. Even with that, they each have two subjects they are caught up in (that they have every or every other day) and three to catch up in. Seth also has science to do some catch up work in.
Currently, we are in the middle of one heck of a storm. It is rainy and windy and not terribly cold but not as cold as it could be. Although if it got too much colder, we would be having snow instead of rain. Last time I checked, it was 34°. The wind does make it feel quite a bit colder but at least it isn’t. The storm is supposed to still be with us tomorrow according to what I looked at although the chance of rain is somewhat less. Thursday we have a chance of snow.
Yesterday I had an appointment with the chiropractor so I went to Michael’s. I wanted to get some clear glass ornaments so we can paint them tomorrow night and to see if they still had some of the stamps that I really liked. The good news was that everything Christmas was 50% off today as opposed to the 40% when I was there Friday with Julia. The bad news (which was really good because it meant I wouldn’t spend money I really didn’t need to) is that the stamps I really liked were gone. The other good news is that they had some scrapbooking paper pads for $5.00. They are regularly $19.99 so that was a good deal. I got two for school stuff.
The chiropractor is always amazed that my hips are still straight. I missed my last appointment which was in September so it had been a couple of months since I’d been there, and they were still in alignment. I thought my lower back was stiff but he said the joints felt good. I think maybe the stiffness isn’t the bones but the muscles. I’m working on them but when I am in the same position too long, they don’t like it.
There isn’t much else to report so I will end for now in spite of the fact that there is still an hour or so until Cedric is done. I’ll have to think of something else to do. I’m going to start the car for one thing because it’s rather coolish in here at the moment.

And from this morning:
Good morning! Amena got up and ready in time for the bus today and that is enough of a reason for !!! Also, I don’t have to work on lesson plans, etc., for Seth and Joseph. That is another reason for !!! Amena was doing really well at not missing the bus until she had those five days in a row. Maybe all her nights of staying up way too late finally caught up with her at that point. I’m not sure how she cannot put the two things together.
Given the time of day, not much is happening at the moment. Cedric is getting things ready for school. Seth just finished and Emercen-C. Joseph and Paul are still asleep in bed. Seth was going to go wake Joseph up but I stopped him. He was feeling kind of tired and not his usual self last night so I think sleep is good for him at the moment.
The dogs are still dogs. We were low on dog food so I was giving them cans of stuff from the basement (canned beef, mostly) in order to use up a lot of stuff that we have that I will never use and that we can’t give away because it’s all postdates and it gave them diarrhea. They’d just recovered from that and Cedric and Seth gave them a bunch of dog treats that Misty ate the most of and she got diarrhea again. So, it’s bad enough that they already poop in the house far too often; that was just ridiculous. Anyway, they’ve been better since I’ve been making Scooter go out every morning. She must be completely blind by now because she bumps into everything. She will get to the door and he used to always stand at the side that opens; now she doesn’t always even get there. I’ll open the door and if there is anything in the way, including cats taking the opportunity to get in or Misty who has been out and in and out and in, Scooter will turn around and go the other way. I’ve put a stop to that and physically put her in the right direction and kind of help her along outside.
The cats are still cats. They will come in at every opportunity which is a lot of fun. The other day Kitty caught a chipmunk and the boys opened the door to see what the fuss was about and then we had a chipmunk in the house. At least it was dead and didn’t have to be caught. Not long after that, Kitty made a fuss at the door again and the boys opened it to see what it was about and she brought in a rat. That was already dead as well and was quickly dispatched back outdoors.

And time goes quickly by and it is time to get something done. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment