Monday, December 1, 2014

Um, yeah.

Well, how do you like that? I wrote a couple of weeks ago and never posted it.
(Good morning! It’s been a rather Spartan month and I apologize for this. I did write several pages the other day about my experience with Jonathan and Elizabeth at the hospital but I do not have permission from them yet to share it so I will be patient and wait.
Life has been rather interesting as of late. Nothing too out of the ordinary has been happening but it still manages to be interesting. I just don’t feel like writing about it.
I will say that Laura introduced me to duolingo online and it has been quite interesting. She is doing Spanish, German, and Irish Gaelic. I’m contenting myself with Spanish and Irish. I have actually surprised myself with how much Spanish I remember which is nice. My hope is that my recall will improve to the point that I can actually carry on a conversation with someone. And it would really be nice if people whose native tongue is Spanish found out that they have no reason to be so condescending—drives me nuts. I don’t expect to ever know the language better than they do but I can actually understand more than they realize. The Irish is just for fun. Still, you never know when something might come in useful.
A couple of days ago we got a new range for the kitchen. The bottom element in the oven decided to go out and there was a burner on the stovetop hadn’t been working all that well for about ever. To replace both would have cost more than to buy the new one we got. Paul found an LG on Craigslist brand-new, never been used, regular price from the store $700 for $400. It’s stainless steel and the oven is a really pretty blue. I like it so far. All I’ve baked is brownies. The oven is a convection oven and my experience with them is limited (to those times we house-sat for the Vaniman’s, acutally) but that’s okay. It has warming and proofing features which are nice and a glass top which is also nice. Now all I need is a gas range for the back room and I’ll be all set. You know, relatively speaking.
We need to get school started in less than an hour now and I really need a shower before that happens so I’ll be off for now. Have a great day.)
This is Tully Lake from November 3. Very pretty. Jay and Becky, we have lots of places to go hiking when you are here next.
Go figure.
Several years ago, in California, we put together binders of Christmas stories and music for a Super Saturday type activity at church. Because I liked the idea so much, I gave all the stories and music an overhaul and did the same thing in Idaho. For the days leading up to Christmas, I thought I would share them on my blog. So, for those days I also decide to grace you with something I wrote about what’s happening in our lives, you’ll get more than one post to read. Are you excited? Hmmm, yeah. I have given Jonathan and Elizabeth over 5,000 words to read and approve or not regarding their birth experience. If they approve my sharing it, you’ll get even more to read one day. You should be excited. Extremely.
In other news, I have a secret that I would love to tell you about but since it’s a secret and I can’t risk it getting out, you’ll have to wait and hear about it after the fact. Which will be Christmas.
In other news, we’ve been busy, had a good Thanksgiving, and yata, yata, yata. Another of the girl kids died night before last. I don’t know what the deal is with that because she was fine the day before. This morning they are all fine.
And such is life.
I think I would like my computer to be wirelessly connected to the printer.

Have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment