Thursday, December 4, 2014

See What I Mean?

Good morning! You know, nothing says good morning quite like a puddle of pee and a pile of poop in the library. Not just any poop either, but more of the diarrhea from last night. Speaking of which, nothing says I love you quite like a line of diarrhea from the front door around through the library to the bathroom door. Yeah. Not my thing.
Doane's Falls. This is another picture from our hike around Tully Lake.

Other than that, the past two days have been pretty okay. Tuesday the boys got all of their school work done before lunch other than reading and yesterday, being an early release day for Cedric and Amena, they were able to pull off a repeat performance. I love, love, love days like that.
Today, on the other hand, hasn’t been quite so good. Paul wanted to take the silver Jetta to Westminster to be worked on. The transmission was fixed but there is some other issue as well. Paul being Paul, he can’t just go and do that one thing he needs to, he has to do something else as well. In this case it was drive into Fitchburg to get gas for the green car because it is less expensive than anywhere else.  This put school off from our usual start time of 9:00 to almost 9:45. Now that we have had recess, Seth is stuck on his math (although he has finished grammar, cursive practice, and geography) and Joseph still is not done with his handwriting practice. He is doing a very neat job, just taking forever. Which means the whole rest of the day is likely to take forever.
Heading into the setting sun. Well, you know, it sets eventually. The boys were having a lot of fun fighting trolls and goblins. Seth had a magic sword and the water from the lake made it more potent.

Yesterday afternoon we cleaned the living room including moving most of the furniture and mopping and put the tree up. Somehow I missed a box and some of the things I know we have are not out yet. I’ll go up again once we are all done with school and see if I can’t find it. I am not even going to attempt putting lights on the house because I just don’t feel like it. I have decided that I just really do not like decorating the tree. I don’t mind putting up decorations but I don’t like doing the tree. And I honestly don’t remember if I used to or not.
rttt;/.ewr/,.; That’s what Kitty has to say about it as she walked across the keyboard.
Irish is a lot of fun. Spanish is a lot of fun. I need to talk to people, though, so that I can learn to have a conversation. Otherwise, I’ll be really good at reading it and listening to it but no good at speaking it.
Snowman by Seth.

In other news, the fire would not start yesterday. All I had was very wet wood and in spite of having lots of cardboard and kindling, the wood itself wouldn’t start so it took forever. It finally did burn but by the time we had to leave to drop Joseph and Cedric off for scouts and get to church, I had only put wood in for the second burn. Paul put wood in for the third when he stopped by to get what he needed and pick Amena up. When the boys and I got home, there were enough coals to burn the paper towels I wiped dog diarrhea poop up with so that was very handy because I wouldn’t want it hanging around in the garbage.
I don’t think I have anything else terribly interesting to tell you about but I should tomorrow.

Have a fantastic (rest of the) day!

No comments:

Post a Comment