Friday, March 29, 2013

Another Day


Good morning! I discovered yesterday that I’m not entirely over my attitude but it certainly isn’t as bad as it was. This is a very good thing.
I finally finished my accounting homework last night. I emailed the professor about a question I had but neglected to give her pertinent information so she could only give me general information in return. That was interesting. I never did figure out the answer the way we were supposed to but at least I did figure it out. If I feel like it, I’ll attempt figuring it out today. If not, I’ll just take the extra time to do it the other way on the exam when I take it hopefully tomorrow.
I actually accomplished everything yesterday that I wanted to school-wise. That was for the first time in almost two weeks. Having an off spring break does me no good whatsoever. My list for today is short and includes only two things for school. I will probably add to it but currently there are only four things:
--         send soap to work w/Paul
MGT work on SOAP
            look @ Capsim
--         call Dr.
I also get to go the chiropractor. I need to eat breakfast.
Speaking of breakfast, I mentioned my new morning routine of biking and Pilates. Someone suggested using myfitnesspal.com and I thought, as I often do, ‘Good grief, what a pain, I don’t think I’ll bother.’ Then I looked at it and thought I’d give it a try. You can track your daily caloric intake and your exercise and it changed your calories according to how much and what type of exercising you do. It’s actually quite nice. I was going to say fun but ‘fun’ is definitely not the right descriptive word. I really wish that I liked to run because I know that running would help take some of the pounds off that I am working to shed. However, what I’m doing seems to be working fairly well at the moment as I did lose 3 pounds in the week from the 19th to the 26th (and I don't care what people say about only losing one pound a week). The amazing thing that I’d somehow managed to forget is that you can actually eat a lot of food and keep the calories under control. And I do mean a LOT. A couple of days I was hard pressed to get the minimum without taking into account the exercise.
Paul keeps telling me that the carbohydrates are more important than the calories. There is some truth to that but the sugars are as important and I really think that it is the combination as well as the types. For example, the sugar in an apple is better than the sugar added to tea and the brown rice is better than the white rice. It is true that carbohydrates and sugars turn to fat in the body but if the total caloric intake is at the right level, the body is using them rather than needing to store them. I’m certainly not going to majorly change my diet (such as an entirely raw food diet or vegetarian or vegan or whatever) but it is good to know how much of what is in the foods we eat so that we can get the nutrition we need without the added garbage. It is simple enough to return to brown rice and whole wheat flour and fresh fruits and vegetables.
Anyway, Cedric had soccer practice yesterday (in Gilbertville). Laura took Amena to the concert she had at Quabbin (that’s in Barre). Joanna was supposed to be home with Seth and Joseph from the time Laura left (at 6:00) with Amena until the time I got home (at about 7:10) with Cedric. When we got home, no one else was (unless you count the canine and capra girls). It turns out that Joanna had taken the little boys to Chuck E. Cheese (in Leominster). That’s fine except that I didn’t know where they were and they didn’t get home until after 9:00 (which explains why they were having a harder time than usual getting up this morning).
And so it goes. Have an absolutely spectacular Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment