Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Growing

Good morning! It is a lovely, sunny day here. Cool so far, there was frost during the night, at 37° and humidity at 76% with an expected high of 59°. So far, I’ve only seen evidence of life from animals and two children. And plants. the peas and garlic stayed outside all night last night and I’ve got thyme and other things sprouting.
Monday night we got a Tyler for overnight and most of yesterday. They played with Legos and outside and did their best to stay awake until the wee sma’s. Didn’t work. They were in the living room and because I didn’t have to get up early Tuesday, I could stay up later if I wanted to. So I did, working on soap stuff and reading. They were asleep before I went upstairs.
They were also awake before I went downstairs, but that doesn’t bother me. Cedric spent Monday night at his friend Chris’s house. His plan was to take some of his friends to see a movie so Joanna picked him and Chris up and then they went to pick up Zack and so I didn’t see him until late afternoon. Sounds like he had fun but was sleepy from his overnighter and had a hard time staying awake during the movie. Did he learn anything from this experience? Probably not.
My friend Margaret came over in the morning with her two boys. They had fun playing with the boys I had here and we were able to get some seeds planted. I filled up five more milk jugs (astragalus, dill, strawflowers, Irish lace, and yarrow) and ten egg cartons (with tomatoes and peppers). That was fun. We had a good visit and I got things planted that needed to be which probably would not have happened otherwise because I would have gone straight from breakfast and cleaning off the counter in the kitchen to soapy endeavors. Thanks, Margaret.
Garlic and peas.
Yesterday I gave away two bars of soap and sent gift certificates for two others. I also gave someone 25% off her order of soap. I posted a question on my soap Facebook page and everyone who responds, gets what they’d choose. The options are 10% off, 15% off, 25% off, free shipping, and a free bar of soap. I’ve been asked to provide coupons for grab bags at a fundraiser and I wanted to know what people would prefer. So far, the free bar of soap is gaining the most but I’m thinking people at a distance might prefer free shipping or 25% off. Go to Pitcherville Soap Co. on Facebook and let me know what you’d like. And while you’re there, like my page if you haven’t yet.
Baby thyme.

Today is going to be a wonderful day for making garden boxes. However, I really need to work on Laura’s dress more. I’m sure Cedric is going to want to go to the West’s but I really can’t stay there with him and if no one else will be there, I won’t just leave him. If I get enough done on the dress this morning, I might consent to taking him this afternoon because I can read. I have a LOT of reading to do and am running out of time for that, too.

Anyway, such is life. I need to do a post for the soap blog now so have a fantastical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment