Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Many Words (over time, of course, not so much all at once)

Good morning! Yesterday morning the goats were being really vocal and they are again today. I’m not sure why other than they probably want to get out and start eating grass and such. The only problem is, of course, that there is no grass to eat as of yet. Most of the snow is gone other than in sheltered areas or where there was more accumulation due to shoveling, plowing, or falling off of a roof, but there isn’t grass yet. Hopefully soon. In the meantime, they get to keep on eating hay, grain, and pine trees.
It seems that Amena isn’t having much fun on the 8th grade trip. There are something like four busses and there are a bunch of groups of three or four students. I don’t know how many chaperones there are but they don’t really go out and about with the students from the sounds of it. Amena is in a group of four girls and only one of them is she really friends with. They are on bus 4. The girls Amena wanted to be with are on bus 1. The reason she is not with them is because of the little problem I mentioned some time earlier. Since then, things have smoothed out but groups were already decided upon and she felt bad if she left the group she’s in to go back to the other one (which only has three because one of them ended up not going). What fun.
Yesterday was a fun day. It was pretty normal and average until late afternoon. Earlier in the afternoon, Elizabeth called and wanted to know if there was any chance I could give her a ride to MWCC for a meeting she had been invited to for potential early childhood education students. Because of when it was, I could and still get Cedric and Seth to scouts. I called one parent but she didn’t answer and the other potential ride home for them I don’t have a number for so I hoped that I could talk to one of them once we got there because I’d have a few minutes before I had to leave.
It went like this:
Elizabeth’s meeting started at 6:00. That meant we really needed to leave her apartment by 5:30. So I figured I needed to leave home by 5:00. I left at 4:45 instead and got there about 5:15. That turned out to be a good thing because it takes a few minutes to get Maria in and everything settled. We left at 5:30 and got to the Mount right on time.
I got home and had about fifteen minutes before we had to leave to get the boys to scouts. We left, were the third car there, and had to wait so I could make the second and final payment for scout camp for the boys. Dominc’s dad, Bill, is the treasurer and also one of the potential rides home for the boys so I gave him a check and asked about a ride. He had Henry Foley with him so he said sure, he’d already be on our road so no problem. Whew!
Then I went outside and there was Ryan’s mom. She mentioned that she’d seen a call from me but not until late so I told her what it was about and she said she would have been happy to give them a ride. I knew she would if she could. We visited for a few minutes until Joseph had had enough waiting and then we left. Because we wouldn’t have been able to be home for long, we didn’t go home but went straight to the Mount even though it was a bit early to get Elizabeth.
I got to take a few pictures of the sunset which was very pretty last night and Elizabeth actually got out of her meeting before 8:00 which was nice. We got Elizabeth and Maria home and then came home, arriving right about 9:00. Cedric and Seth beat us home and Paul got home probably fifteen or so minutes after.

If I hadn’t been able to get a ride for the boys, my plan was to get Elizabeth, take her and Maria to our house with Joseph, go get Cedric and Seth and take them home, and then take Elizabeth home. It would have worked but would have been more driving and wouldn’t have been so good for Maria, I think. I know I was tired of sitting by the time I was done.
Today we have a busy day planned out beginning with a trip to the dentist for Joseph. This visit has been scheduled and rescheduled so many times I’ve almost lost count. Twice it was due to snow, once due to maintenance work at the office. Now it will finally happen. After that, we are heading over Boston direction to get some boards so I can make raised beds. I’ll probably have more to say about that but not now and probably not today. After that, I need to pick Cedric up at school and take him to the West’s so he can do some work. Then we have church tonight. I am not sure if Joseph has scouts; if he does, I’m not sure how that will work out. We will certainly find out.
Have a fantastical day!
Just a couple of PSs. First, this is the second page of my sixth ‘journal’. I write in these documents and then copy and paste them into emails for Grandma and blog posts for the rest of everyone. Each one I end at 100 pages. That means five hundred and two pages on this computer. Since I started doing this on July 31st of 2012 and had a hard drive fry in November, there are more out there that I don’t currently have saved in a computer. That’s semi-crazy but seemed noteworthy.
Second, I believe I missed a birthday yesterday. Happy belated birthday, Diane. I hope you had a wonderful day. Thank you for being my friend through the years. (I need to talk to you, by the way.)

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment