Tuesday, April 14, 2015

More Life (with pictures)

This picture I took while walking on April Fool's Day. I think practical jokes can be funny but I generally tend to think that April Fool's Day is just a day like any other. It was a nice day for a walk and this is the swamp nearest 68 on Pitcherville Road.


This is from last Wednesday (April 8). It was also a nice day for a walk. This is the same creek I've taken many pictures of over the past couple of years. I love water. Mostly in solid and liquid forms.

I took this when I was making pie Sunday (April 12). I was cutting the tops off and thinking about how big they were and how in spite of the fact that it's faster and somewhat easier to deal with large strawberries, I really don't trust them. I mean, why do they all, with the exception of the two small ones, look as if they are really two grown together? That can't be a good thing. And they really don't taste quite right, either.

I decided to go for a little walk yesterday afternoon down by the creek (I'd already gone for a big walk up Birches, down Old Westminster, across Cross, down Ragged Hill and back down the bottom of Birches in the morning). I like the creek. Especially now when it has lots of water.

Kitty and Misty went with me. They were funny. Misty never did make it to the other side of the creek where I was but Kitty did.

Daniel's grave. It needs a LOT of work this year. Because Paul never cut the grass last year (never), I really couldn't go down to take care of the grave like I'd've liked to. Walking through tall grass gives me a terrible rash and makes breathing difficult even if I take a shower as soon as I go in. This year needs to be different.

The garden. Talk about a lot of work. I need to start now (except that it's raining) spraying the vinegar/dish soap/salt with water to kill all the stuff I don't want growing in there. And then I need to start digging up where I want to put beds. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment