Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Way it Rolls

Good morning! It looks so far to be a good one. The only problem with that is that these days are beautiful and mean that something worse is going to be here all too soon. I hate summer. I greatly dislike most bugs. I love the garden but that’s about it.
Yesterday. It was a day like no other. To begin with, the goats were being really vocal. Did I already mention that yesterday? Good grief! They’re doing the same thing today. I don’t know what’s gotten into them other than they must want more fresh food. I wish there was some for them. Too bad we can’t teleport them to Grandma’s yard. It seems she’s got some good stuff they could eat. At the rate things are going, there should be something for them soon but not today.
Joseph had a dentist appointment at 9:45. That means leaving by 9:15. We left a little early and got there a little early and he got almost right in and was out close to 10:00. We went home. Of course, we went home. What else would we do?
Joseph and one of his Lego creations. Pretty cute kid (did I really say that? Of course I meant child) even if he does need a haircut.

Once home, we made a lunch which consisted of ham sandwiches, chocolate bread with chocolate peanut butter, grapes, fudge, and juice boxes. Then we cleaned out the truck a little; enough for two boys to sit in the back and Julia to sit in the front and us to put some wood in the back. While we were getting ready, Joanna and Zak showed up to wash the Jeep. Joanna went offroading with the boys the other day and the Jeep got very covered with mud. So did Joanna.
Then we went to the bank, picked Julia up, and were on our way out of Dodge by quarter after 11. The trip was fairly noneventful. We were going to Everett which is northish of Boston but because it is so close, you cannot tell where one ends the next begins. There are quite a few cities in the area that just run together and make up one huge mass of humanity. I am so glad I don’t live any closer than I do.
I was quite surprised at how awful the road is that we ended up on. It was way worse than Pitcherville Road which is saying something. The guy I got the wood from was really nice and I got a good deal. The boards are all pretty nice; I got 100 14-foot 1-by-4’s for less than $200.
And of course Kitty. She loves to roll around in the driveway. You can see Misty's foot hair and nose up at the top too.

Of course, Paul emailed me some links for some others yesterday. One was for a total of over 300 linear feet of 1x5’s for just a few dollars more than what I paid. Other than the fact that that extra inch would have posed problems doing what I want to do, it would have been a good deal. Especially since it’s in Athol which is less than half an hour away. Another is for some free stuff that I might still look into for the future or for some that I can make closer to planting time.
The trip home was fairly uneventful. The only problem is that everything took a little longer than I was anticipating (and we left a little later than I wanted to), so we didn’t get home until almost time to go pick Cedric up from school so he could go to the West’s. Still, I took the truck home and got the car and picked Cedric up and took him to the West’s and went home.
Once home, Seth and Joseph helped unload the wood into the barn and then I had enough time to make some cupcakes since the official cupcake-maker wasn’t going to be able to make any. I also made frosting and discovered that I had an entire thirty minutes unencumbered before Joseph was picked up for scouts. Oh, my! What to do?
Dishes. I made a pretty good dent in the pile that had accumulated. Then it was off to church where I had to leave by about 7:15 in order to pick Cedric up and get to the school in order to pick up Seth and Joseph. Done and done.
Then it was home again, send the boys to bed, and go to bed myself.
Yeah, baby. What a day.
Guess what’s up for today? Nothing.
Ha ha.
School for the boys. A chart of STIs for me. A pack meeting tonight.
And that’s it. Relatively speaking, of course, because there are always more things to do.

Have a terrifical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment