Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lots and Lots

Someone put a crumb of something under the 0 key. Very annoying.
Not much has been going on here as of late. Friday was Friday. Joanna and Zak went to pick Amena and Nick up from school and then they went bowling. Then Joanna and Zak dropped Amena and Nick off because they had plans with one of Zak’s friends and Amena and Nick hung out here. I played Phase 10 with them which was kind of fun.
Paul brought Chinese home because I claimed a headache. I actually did wake up with one and I actually did take something for it in the afternoon. It was just a constant nagging thing that didn’t want to go away and as much as I like the big-glass-of-water-and-a-nap thing, I don’t usually have time for a nap. By the time Paul got home, it was gone.
Friday morning I had a dentist appointment. Seth and Joseph got to go to Joanna’s while I did that. While we were gone, Paul left for work and took Misty with him. He left a note on my computer saying he had taken her but not why. Turns out he took her to a vet because she’s been scratching so much.
I don’t understand how a dog can have fleas but the cat and the other dog don’t. When we were in Bonners Ferry, the cats had fleas and they got in the basement and after we left, they proliferated like crazy. There weren’t any cats in the house at that point but the fleas sure seemed to like the environment.
Saturday morning it seems like something was happening but other than taking Amena to Gardner for babysitting, I don’t remember anything at the moment. Saturday and Sunday were General Conference and other than picking Amena up in the afternoon and missing the last half hour of the first session, I watched them all. Thoughts on some of the talks perhaps later.
Sunday being Easter, I did Easter baskets (they were actually gift bags) for the first time in forever. I actually don’t remember doing them before ever. When we were with Dan, we weren’t allowed refined sugar and couldn’t afford anything else. After that, I just don’t remember. I know that we haven’t done them since we’ve been in Massachusetts. Next year will be better because this year we only had chocolate rabbits, Cadbury eggs, malted robin eggs and bubbles. Hunting Easter eggs was good. Some of them were hidden really well and Cedric, as usual, got more than his fair share. Next year I think I will institute the idea of only being able to collect eggs that are the same color as your basket (or bag).
Sunday I was tired so I went to bed at 9:00. A little before 11:00 I had to use the bathroom so I got up and noticed the light was on in the dining room. Paul was still up working on a puzzle he’d gotten out. At 4:00 I woke up and had to use the bathroom again. Paul still wasn’t in bed and the light was still on downstairs. I went back to bed and got up again at 5:00 to make sure Amena was getting up. She was and Paul still wasn’t in bed and the light was still on downstairs. I went back to bed. Paul finally went to bed after that and I got up for good at 5:30. Amena got off in time to not miss the bus and Paul was up again by 6:30 and in the shower. He says he fell asleep at the table. Quite possible. I’m thinking the reason he gets after Amena so much for staying up so late (she often falls asleep with the light on in her room) is because he is unable to go to bed when he knows he’s tired. He has to watch just one more episode or read just one more chapter or find just one more piece and ends up falling asleep while he’s doing whichever one it happens to be.
Amena and I had a mandatory meeting for all 8th grade students who are going on the 8th grade trip to Washington, DC, next week and parents. That was downright exciting. It was over fairly quickly, though, which was nice. It was also nice to be able to talk to the principle about not being able to drop Amena’s luggage off on Saturday. I won’t be home and Paul would end up being late. Students who have conflicts are able to drop off on Friday afternoon which works out just fine.
Last night Paul beat me to bed and turned his light out before I did. Imagine that, eh? This morning I was up before him, which is normal, in spite of the fact that after my alarm went off at 5:30, I actually fell asleep again and didn’t wake up until 6:10. Fortunately, Amena was almost ready so all I had to do was get her a lunch together.
I decided it was time to get busy with Laura’s dress yesterday so I thought I would get school done with the boys in the morning and then do dress stuff after lunch until Amena got home. Good plan except Paul still had the puzzle out and it was taking up half the table. He didn’t go to work yesterday for some reason and when I wasn’t needed by the boys, I helped with the puzzle so it would get done faster and out of my way. It was done shortly after lunch.
My goal was for yesterday to get the loops done for the lacing of the dress. While I’m working on that, I’m thinking what a pain it is and how her bodice doesn’t have anything to hide the lumps that will be made by the cording the loops are made of and I would prefer there to be no lumps. So I stop and go searching online for other ideas for loops and ran across a couple of tutorials on how to make a laced up back when the bodice just won’t zip up. Wa la! Don’t know where my brain was, but it clearly wasn’t thinking straight because everything that I saw I’ve done, not necessarily all together for the same project, but still. . . . So, anyway, plans have changed and I think the finished product will actually be better although I have to admit that I’m thinking of other ways to accomplish the same thing. Why do the creative juices not start running until there is just more than a month left? Anyway, Laura, you should call or message me so I can get your input.

In other news, it’s time to get some plants started for the garden and finish planning the garden. In other words, lots to do today. Lots and lots. And lots. Have a fantastic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment