Thursday, September 15, 2016

Accidents...Never Happen

“Accidents never happen
In a perfect world…”
That’s a Blondie song and I want to know how I got it stuck in my head while I was asleep.
When I woke up at 5:00 to my alarm, there were a few things running around in my head. One, the dream I’d been in the middle of. Two, “Accidents never happen…In a perfect world.” Three, the fact that I needed to visit the bathroom. Four, the thought that I needed to make sure Amena and Cedric were awake.
So I got up, checked on Cedric, checked on Amena, used the bathroom, went back to bed, and turned my alarm on for 5:30. I need to get going early this morning but there was no need for me to actually get up that early. However, Cedric came in to get a towel and left the light on so I got up to turn it off and got back in bed before I realized that me being in bed was going to do no good so I got up.
This is a happy Kitty sitting on Seth's lap.

I think the song might have had something to do with the fact that I needed to use the bathroom. In my dream, I’d gone twice.
This dream was interesting. Paul and I went to the West’s for dinner. As we were walking in the house, he told me that they were moving. As in the next morning. I had a hard time digesting this because I’d spoken to both Emily and Jeremy within the past 24 hours, Seth was supposed to go do some work for them in a few days, and neither had said anything about moving. Not only were they moving, they were moving to Sanford. As in California. I couldn’t go in and face all the people who were there so I went for a walk in order to process this information. When I got back, everyone other than Paul, the West’s, and another couple were gone. There was no food left but that was okay because I wasn’t really hungry. Emily was trying to explain that they thought I already knew they were moving but once I process something, I’m fine with it (Am I really? Or was this just part of the dream? I’m not quite sure.). Conversation was cut short in any case because the other woman there was in labor and suddenly there was a bed for her.
This is a super cute Maddie having tummy time.

She was squatting on the bed and once I realized what was going on, I went to her and said, “Hey, let me help. I’ve given birth to eight babies and I’m a trained doula.” She just smiled and then had a contraction. I worked with her to visualize through the contractions and everything was going well. I didn’t have a clue what was going to happen for the actual birth but I wasn’t worrying about that right then. She got up to use the toilet but as she stood, she had another contraction and as she was leaning against the wall she said, “So I want to know is should I homeshool or not.”
Really? I said, “Well, that’s something you need to discuss with your husband but my opinion is that you should. (I said more than that but I’m not going to tell you what else I said because it was way too personal—sorry but not.)”
She groaned and my alarm went off.
This is a super cute Maddie having a nap while Grandma holds her.
Grandma. That still seems so strange. But Maddie isn't. She's super cute.
And cuddly. And perfect.

Yesterday was a pretty okay day. It was an early release day for Amena and Cedric and Seth and Joseph were almost done with their work by the time Cedric got home. I really wanted to go out letterboxing and hiking, which I mentioned yesterday, but I also wanted to go see Joanna and Maddie (and Lincoln). We ended up going to see Joanna. And Maddie. And Lincoln once he got home. The boys were mostly interested in playing games and watching TV but I was mostly interested in Maddie. Well, and Joanna. I got to hold a sleeping Maddie for something like an hour. She drank a little bit of milk but wasn’t really hungry; Joanna said she’d eaten not long before we got there. She was mostly sleepy. And oh so cute! So, no letterboxing or hiking but still okay.
Joseph had scouts and it was blessedly short. I had a killer headache by the time it was time for scouts and didn’t feel like taking forever in the store so I’m glad it didn’t. There was stuff going on at church that Amena, Cedric, and Seth should have gone to but I was tired of arranging for rides for people, can only be in one place at any given time, and figured if Paul had time, he could stop by and get them. He didn’t so they didn’t go.
Right now I’m thinking I could actually go back to sleep but it’s approaching milking time and it’s a busy day. After milking, I’ll need a shower and then it’ll be time to get on with everything that needs to happen.
I need a million dollars. I just thought I’d throw that out there. So you know. You know?

Have a terrific day.

No comments:

Post a Comment